Volae - 26/26" Expedition Pro
Regular Price: $2,195.00
Your Price: $1,995.00
You Save: $200.00 (9%)
Ideal for touring, but also an excellent choice for that hilly adventure, the Expedition Pro has the aerodynamics of the Team, plus awesome stopping power and tremendous tire availability. Carry loads down long steep descents without overheating your rims. Put on some wider tires (up to 1.5" without fenders and up to 1.35" with fenders) and commute on rough pavement or ride on unpaved recumbent bike trails. Install skinny tires and ride with the leaders on the Sunday club ride. With top of the line SRAM components, a lightweight Volae Comfort carbon seat and the ultra durable Velocity wheelset, it’s the ultimate multi-tool recumbent bike
NOTE: The Comfort Carbon seat(small through x-large) comes stock on the Expedition Pro, but can be swapped out for the Comfort Mesh seat for an even exchange.
Color: Bomber Orange or British Racing Green
650c Velocity Wheel Upgrade: Front $51, Rear $66
Standard Design Features:
- Seamless 4130 CroMoly tubing.
- Made in the USA.
- Frames hand-built by Waterford Precision Cycles.
- One frame size, four carbon seat sizes, two handlebar widths & six stems for a perfect fit.
- Mesh seat option for more upright seating preference and smoother ride.
- No slip seat adjustment. (Rated #1 by Recumbent Cyclist News)
- Quick release seat removes in seconds.
- Programmable seat settings: Seat removal independent of seat adjustment.
- Most solid seat platform in the industry for efficient energy initiation and excellent climbing.
- Telescopic seat braces with robust hex bolt clamps offer infinite adjustment range.
- Very stiff seat stays for efficient power generation to improve climbing.
- Open body position for best muscle group recruitment to improve climbing.
- Aerodynamic body position lets you laugh at the headwinds.
- Low friction chain management for easy climbing and overall efficiency.
- Aheadset extender allows headset to be adjusted normally and perfectly.
- Accessory friendly design.
- High quality Velocity wheels with unsurpassed consumer support.
Approximate Size Chart:
Frame Construction: Tig Welded 4130 CroMoly
Fork: Volae Aluminum Alloy Disc
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0
Front Derailleur: MicroShift
Shift Levers: SRAM X.0
Crankset: TruVativ Elita 30/39/52t 170mm
Bottom Bracket: TruVativ Power Spline
Headset: FSA Orbit X Threadless 1"
Cassette: SRAM PG-970 11-32t 9spd
Brake Calipers: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc
Brake Levers: Avid SD7
Drum Brake: N/A
Front Hub: Velocity Lightweight ATB Disc
Rear Hub: Velocity Convertible ATB Disc 135mm
Front Rim: Velocity Aeroheat
Rear Rim: Velocity Aeroheat
Chain: SRAM PC-971
Pedals: Wellgo LU-897
Front Tire: Schwalbe Kojak 26x1.35" (559mm)
Rear Tire: Schwalbe Kojak 26x1.35" (559mm)
Tube Type: Presta
Frame Style: SWB
Steering: Volae Mid Seat Steering
BB Height: Approx. 33" - Adj (26")
Gear Range: 21.6" - 115.7"
Seat Height: Hardshell 26" and Mesh 28.5"
Total Weight: 28.75 lbs
Overall Length: Adjustable
Overall Width: n/a
Seat Angle: Adjustable
Weight Limit: 250 lbs.