Your Price: $2,250.00
The future of traveling is here today with the Volae ES frame. Available as a Dual 26β high racer or a 26/20" frame, these bikes make great touring recumbents to take on trips overseas or across the states. You wonβt have to compromise performance when you ride a Volae recumbent with the ES option. The cleverly engineered frame separates in the middle to facilitate packing in a standard recumbent bike travel case (see photo) while preserving the high performance that you demand. All frames now come with the adjustable boom, which allows the recumbent bike to fit a wide range of riders, and allows you to pack the recumbent bike down into an even smaller package.
Some travel bikes compromise performance to make the recumbent bike extremely compactable for traveling. Volae chose to retain the legendary Volae performance even though it means that you may have to pay an extra fee to take your recumbent bike with you.
Waterford Precision Cycles is well known for impeccable welding and frame alignment. All Volaes are welded and aligned in Waterford's world-class custom frame facility in Waterford, Wisconsin. You cannot buy a better built, better aligned, better looking recumbent!
NOTE: The Comfort Carbon (small through x-large) comes stock on the Voyager ES, but can be swapped out for the Comfort Mesh seat for an even exchange.
Color: Any Stock Volae Color - Special Order Only
Standard Design Features:
- Seamless 4130 CroMoly tubing.
- Made in the USA.
- Frames hand-built by Waterford Precision Cycles.
- One frame size, four carbon seat sizes, two handlebar widths & six stems for a perfect fit.
Mesh seat option for more upright seating preference and smoother ride.
- No slip seat adjustment. (Rated #1 by Recumbent Cyclist News)
- Quick release seat removes in seconds.
- Programmable seat settings: Seat removal independent of seat adjustment.
- Most solid seat platform in the industry for efficient energy initiation and excellent climbing.
- Telescopic seat braces with robust hex bolt clamps offer infinite adjustment range.
- Very stiff seat stays for efficient power generation to improve climbing.
- Open body position for best muscle group recruitment to improve climbing.
- Aerodynamic body position lets you laugh at the headwinds.
- Low friction chain management for easy climbing and overall efficiency.
- Aheadset extender allows headset to be adjusted normally and perfectly.
- Accessory friendly design.
- High quality Velocity wheels with unsurpassed consumer support.
Approximate Size Chart:
SEATED SHOULDER HEIGHT
CARBON SEAT SIZE
|Dual 26 One Size|
5β 4β - 6β 6β
39β - 47β
23β or less
|26/20 One Size|
4β 11" - 6β 2β
37β - 46β
23β - 24"
24.5β - 26"
Recumbent Bicycle Name: Volae - Voyager ES Dual 26 and 26/20
Frame Construction: Tig Welded 4130 CroMoly with ES Coupler
Fork: Aprebic Aluminum Disc 26" or 20"
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.9
Front Derailleur: MicroShift
Shift Levers: SRAM X.9
Crankset: TruVativ Elita 30/39/52t 170mm
Bottom Bracket: TruVativ Giga X-Pipe
Headset: FSA Orbit X Threadless 1"
Cassette: FSA Orbit X Threadless 1"
Brake Calipers: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc
Brake Levers: Avid FR5
Drum Brake: N/A
Front Hub: Velocity ATB Disc
Rear Hub: Velocity ATB Disc (135mm)
Front Rim: Velocity Aeroheat 559mm or 406mm
Rear Rim: Velocity Aeroheat 559mm
Spokes: Stainless Blk 14g
Chain: SRAM PC-951
Pedals: Wellgo LU-897
Front Tire: Kenda Kwest 26x1.25 or 20x1.25
Rear Tire: Kenda Kwest 26x1.25
Tube Type: PV
Frame Style: SWB
Steering: Volae Mid Seat Steering
BB Height: Approx. 33" - Adj (26"), Approx. 26.5" - Adj (20")
Gear Range: 23 - 115"
Seat Height: Approx. Hardshell 26" (or 23") and Mesh 28" (or 25") - Adj.
Total Weight: 30 lbs.
Wheelbase: 47.5" (47" - 20")
Overall Length: Adjustable
Overall Width: n/a
Seat Angle: Adjustable
Weight Limit: 250 lbs.