Join us August 7th, 8th and 9th, 2015 for the 22nd Annual Midwest Recumbent Rally!
Register for a chance to win an ICE Adventure FS 26!
2014 Rally Photos and Videos
Events on Friday & Saturday will be held @ the Hostel Shoppe in Stevens Point, Wisconsin!
Sunday's "SUPER TOUR" starts @ The Jensen Center in Amherst, Wisconsin.
Those wishing to eat Saturday's or Sunday's lunches or order a t-shirt are encouraged to pre-register by July 25th, 2015.
Only limited amounts will be available on a "first come, first serve" basis the day of the rally.
All registrations received after July 25th, 2015 will pay a higher price.
Friday, August 7th, 2015 - Hostel Shoppe, Stevens Point, WI
RALLY & STORE HOURS: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe.
ICE CREAM RIDE & SOCIAL: 1:00 pm - Hostel Shoppe
Distances to be announced. Ride on your own (no mass start) to King Cone. Maps provided. Call the Hostel Shoppe for Sag Support.
SEMINAR: 4:30 pm at the Hostel Shoppe
Trike University Summary with Rolf Garthus - Learn more about Trike University, including defensive riding, riding techniques, plus more!
Saturday, August 8th, 2015 - Hostel Shoppe, Stevens Point, WI
RALLY HOURS: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
STORE HOURS: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe.
MORNING TOURS: 7:30 am start for the two longer routes (route lengths to be determined).
8:00 am start for the three shorter routes (route lengths to be determined). Mass starts at the Hostel Shoppe.
Enjoy routes with sag wagon service on each route. Marked routes will be east of Stevens Point on lightly traveled roads. The
Hostel Shoppe and the Boys & Girls Club of Portage County combine efforts to provide an excellent Saturday tour complete
with marked routes, sag wagon service, rest stops and port-o-potties. The Tour de BGC Bike-a-thon will also be held in the
Stevens Point Business Park and will use the same routes. Donations are welcomed by the Boys and Girls Club of Portage County.
TEST RIDES: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe
Those new to recumbent riding can test ride a recumbent bike or trike. Meet industry reps, ride their latest recumbent bikes and trikes, and
learn more about their product line. Helmets are required!
SWAP MEET: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe.
Buy or sell used recumbent bicycle equipment and bikes or trikes! Add to your stable or clean out the garage to make room for a new bike!
Free to registered Midwest Recumbent Rally participants. You are responsible for all monetary transactions.
LUNCH: 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe Tent.
$15.00 for ages 13 & up, $7.50 for 4-12 years of age, Free for 3 & Under. Includes Sales Tax and gratuity. Pre-registration required by
July 25, 2015. Catered by Ambrosia's.
Menu: Hot Beef, Hot Sliced Ham, Buns (Gluten Free will be available), Pickles, Catsup, Mustard, Vegetarian Baked Beans (Gluten Free), Potato
Salad with Eggs, Garden Pasta Salad (Gluten Free), Fresh Fruit Salad, Assorted Cookies (Gluten Free will be available), Raspberry Ice Tea &
FUN CONTESTS! WIN COOL PRIZES! - Must be present to win all contests and prizes. (Contest and Prizes subject to change.)
Poker Run: 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm - Start in Hostel Shoppe Parking Lot. Ride 4.5 miles and collect a poker hand at stations along the way.
Tire Changing Contest: 2:30 to 3:30 pm - Tent to the north of the Hostel Shoppe Parking Lot
Most Unique Bike or Trike Contest: 3:30 pm to 3:45 pm - Tent to the north of the Hostel Shoppe Parking Lot
Rally Prize ICE Adventure FS 26 Trike Giveaway!!!!! – Announced at 4:00 pm
Sunday, August 9th, 2015 - Jensen Center, Amherst, WI
RALLY HOURS: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
STORE HOURS: Closed
THE "SUPER TOUR": 8:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Jensen Center
Wrap up the Midwest Recumbent Rally with a scenic recumbent tour on beautiful, lightly traveled, well-paved back roads around Amherst, WI.
Park in the Amherst High School lot and be ready to leave from The Jensen Center at 8:00 am. Routes to be determined. The ride will take
place weather permitting. Maps and sag wagon service will be provided.
LUNCH: 11:30 pm to 1:30 pm at the Jensen Center.
$15.00 for ages 13 & up, $7.50 for 4-12 years of age, Free for 3 & Under. Includes Sales Tax and gratuity. Pre-registration required.
Catered by Ambrosia's.
Menu: Baked Chicken (Gluten Free), Harvest Vegetable Bake (Gluten Free), Parsley Baby Red Potatoes, Chateau Vegetable Blend, Creamy
Cucumbers, Fresh Fruit Salad, Mixed Dinner Rolls (Gluten Free will be available), Assorted Dessert Bars (Gluten Free will be available),
Raspberry Ice Tea & Lemonade.
- To Be Announced
Thanks to Rudy Rack for supplying bike racks for the rally!
$20 for Friday and Saturday. These costs include test rides and a wristband (required for test riding), tent rental, table and chair rental,
porta-potties, route marking, map printing and sag service.
$25 for Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Includes the above costs and rental of the Jensen Center.
Children 17 & Under who are riding their own bikes on the tours (signed parental/guardian waiver required) and participating in the test
rides and all rally activities will be charged the regular fee. Parents must ride with the children on the tours and be present during the
test rides. Children not participating or riding in child trailers are free. Children not participating must have appropriate supervision.
Meal prices for children are listed on the registration form and above.
Meals and t-shirts are a little extra, but worth it! Pricing information will be available on the registration form below.
Pre-registration must be received by July 25th, 2015 for discounted rates on lunches and t-shirts.
2. Call Toll Free - 800-233-4340 - Please have your credit card information ready.
3. Day-of Registration - Stop by and sign the release waiver and enjoy the festivities.
Limited number of t-shirts and meals will be available the day of the Midwest Recumbent Rally - "first come, first serve".
Due to the typical high volume of summer activities and events in August, we suggest you make lodging reservations as early as possible.
Motels in Stevens Point & Plover:
• Comfort Inn Plover (715) 342-0400 - 1560 American Drive, Plover, WI. 4 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Comfort Inn Website
Complimentary Breakfast Buffet, Complimentary Cocktail, Free High Speed Internet Access, Indoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool, Complimentary Local Phone Calls, Exercise Room,
Complimentary Use of Business Center, Guest Laundry & Same Day Valet Services, Sundry Shop.
• Econo Lodge Inn & Suites (715) 341-5110 - 5110 Main St, Stevens Point - I-39 and Hwy 10 intersection, 3 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Econo Lodge Inn Website
Group rate of $79.99 plus tax per night for double queen rooms or single king rooms.
• Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (715) 342-9300 - Stevens Point - Hwy 10 East near I-39/10 intersection, 2.5 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Fairfield Inn Website
Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Pool, Spa, 24 Hour Fitness Center, Free High Speed Wireless Internet, business center with computer and printer.
• Hampton Inn Plover (715) 295-9900 - 3090 Village Park Drive, Plover. 4 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Adjacent to I-39, exit 153, next to Menards. Hampton Inn Website
Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet, Free High Speed Internet Access, Indoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool, Complimentary Local Phone Calls, Exercise Room, Complimentary
Use of Business Center, Guest Laundry & Same Day Valet Services.
• Holiday Inn (715) 344-0200 - 1001 Amber Ave. - Stevens Point - Off Hwy 10, 2 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Holiday Inn Website
• Holiday Inn Express (715) 344-0000 - 1100 Amber Ave. - Stevens Point - Off Hwy 10, 2 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Holiday Inn Express Website
Motels in Waupaca:
• Best Western Grand Seasons Hotel (715) 258-9212 - 110 Grand Seasons Drive, Waupaca, WI. 26 miles from Stevens Point. Best Western Waupaca Website
• Comfort Suites at Foxfire (715) 942-0500 - 199 Foxfire Drive, Waupaca, WI. 26 miles from Stevens Point. Comfort Suites Website
Bed & Breakfasts in Stevens Point, Amherst & Waupaca:
• Amherst Inn Bed & Breakfast (888) 211-3555 - 303 South Main Street, Amherst, WI. 15 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Amherst Inn Website
• Apple Tree Lane Bed & Breakfast (715) 258-3107 - E3192 Apple Tree Lane, Waupaca, WI. 28 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Apple Tree Website
• Artha Sustainable Living Center - Bed & Breakfast (715) 824-3463 - 9784 County Road K, Amherst, WI. 20 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Artha Website
Camping near Stevens Point, Amherst & Waupaca
• Portage County Parks - Reservations @ www.co.portage.wi.us or by mail. Reservations can be made 11 months in advance.
- Collins Park - 20 miles NE of Stevens Point
- DuBay Park - 15 miles NW of Stevens Point
- Jordan Park - 6 miles N of Stevens Point
- Lake Emily Park - 12 miles SE of Stevens Point
• Wisconsin State Park - (715) 258-2372 - Hartman Creek State Park - 23 miles SE of Stevens Point