A big "Thank You" to everyone who joined us for the rally this year! It was a great time!
Hostel Shoppe would also like to thank Catrike, Volae, TerraTrike, Greenspeed and Images by Ann Marie for their contributions to the rally.
Congratulations to Rolf B., the winner of the Catrike Expedition, and Ray G., the winner of the Volae Expedition!
2014 Rally Photos and Videos
More photos and next year's rally info coming soon!
Events on Friday & Saturday will be held @ the Hostel Shoppe!
Sunday's "SUPER TOUR" starts @ The Jensen Center in Amherst, Wisconsin.
August 8th, 2014 - Hostel Shoppe
STORE HOURS - 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN - 10:00 am to 7:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe.
ICE CREAM RIDE - Mass Start! - 1:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe, Stevens Point, WI - Friday afternoon- Two distances approximately 15 and 23 miles (subject to change) - It’s a great way to get the weekend rolling. Pick up your registration packet and join us for a mass start. A Sag vehicle will be on this ride.
BISTRO 212° Ice Cream Social - 2:15 to 4:00 pm
After a ride, you deserve a treat!
Charge: $5/person – Includes Sales Tax, Pre-registration Required
MENU • 2 scoops of Vanilla, Chocolate or Strawberry Ice Cream • Hot Fudge, Caramel, Whipped Cream • Cherries, Bananas, Nuts, Sprinkle
RECUMBENT ROADSIDE REPAIR CLINIC - 4:30 pm - with Hostel Shoppe's Lead Mechanic Scott Christophersen, otherwise known as BIG Scott, The Mechanic Scott and Steve (Ha Ha!) - In the tent north of the Hostel Shoppe parking lot. - Learn what tools to carry, how to remove your wheel and change a tire or tube, patch a tube, fix a broken chain and minor derailleur adjustments.
August 9th, 2014 - Hostel Shoppe
STORE HOURS - 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Visit the Hostel Shoppe after you get done with test rides.
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN - 7:00 am - 6:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe. FREE Complimentary Coffee and Coffee Cake - 7:00 am - While supplies last.
MORNING TOURS - 7:30 am start for the 43 and 62 mile routes. 8:00 start for the 13, 19 and 33 mile routes. - Enjoy routes with sag wagon service on each route. Marked routes will be east of Stevens Point on lightly traveled roads.
The Hostel Shoppe is teaming up again with the Boys & Girls Club of Portage County to provide two bike events on Saturday. The Tour de BGC bike-a-thon will also be happening in the Stevens Point Business Park. If you're bringing the kids or grandkid's, you can join the Rich Johnson Family 4 mile Ride/Walk at 10:30 am. Click here for more info.
Rest Stops provided by the Boys and Girls Club
. Donations Welcome.
TEST RIDES - 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe. Try E-trikes during the lunch hour from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm. Those new to recumbent riding can test ride a bike. Meet industry reps and ride their latest bikes. Helmets are required!
• 10:00 am to 12:00 pm - Test ride a bike from our select group of demo recumbents.
• 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm - E-Trike test rides. - Test ride the Scorpion fs26 Pedelec and the ICE Adventure HD with the Bionx SL350 HT RR XL (Subject to availability). Sign-up sheet required - first come, first serve. One lap only.
• 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Test ride a bike from our select group of demo recumbents.
SWAP MEET - 10:00 am to 3:00 pm @ the Hostel Shoppe. Buy or sell used equipment! Add to your stable or clean out the garage to make room for a new bike! Free to registered rally participants. You are responsible for all monetary transactions.
LUNCH - Catered by: Adventure 212 - 12:00 to 2:00 pm @ Adventure 212 Includes Sales Tax and Gratuity, Pre-registration Required.
BOX LUNCH MENU:
All lunches will include: 1 side of fruit salad, 1 pickle wedge, 1 cookie or 1 gluten free dessert bar, Self serve iced tea, lemonade and water.
- Veggie Avocado Wrap with Marinated Assorted Vegetables and Avocado with Organic Mixed Greens and Sunflower Seeds - $11/person
- Cranberry Chicken Salad Wrap with Lowfat Yogurt Dressing, Organic Mixed Greens, Cucumber and Walnuts - $11/person
- BIG Roast Beef and Cheddar Wrap served Rare with Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar, Red Onion, Garlic Mayo and Organic Mixed Greens. Includes 1 extra cookie - $14/person
- Kid’s Lunch Box: Peanut Butter and Jelly* 1 side of fruit salad, 1 cookie or 1 gluten free dessert bar, milk and water - $5.50/person - 10 & under
*Note: Any wrap can be made with an exceptional Gluten Free Bread if specified when ordered. Guests will also be able to supplement their lunches with either a (4 ounce portion size) Mediterranean Pasta Salad and/or German Potato Salad.
Optional Sides: • Mediterranean Pasta Salad - $1.50/serving • German Potato Salad - $1.50/serving
Fun Contests! Win cool prizes! - Must be present to win all contests and prizes.
- Poker Run – 2:00 – 3:00 pm – 4.5 miles Start in Hostel Shoppe Parking Lot
- Tire Changing Contest – 3:10 to 4:40 pm - Tent to the north of the Hostel Shoppe Parking Lot
- Most Unique Bike or Trike Contest – 4:40 pm – Tent to the north of the Hostel Shoppe Parking Lot
- Rally Prize Giveaways!!!!! – 5:00 to 6:00 pm - Inside the Hostel Shoppe
-Most Scenic Recumbent Bike or Trike Photo Contest Results – 1 prize (Please submit photos in a 3x5" jpg format by email to email@example.com or bring us a print by 3:00 pm Saturday. Photo must contain a recumbent bike or trike, and you must be present to win.)
-Person who came the farthest Results – 1 prize
-Greenspeed Door Prize
-TerraTrike Door Prize
-Catrike Expedition Trike & Volae Tour or Expedition Bike Grand Prize Giveaways.
Thanks to Rudy Rack for supplying bike racks for the rally!
Those wishing to eat lunch or order a t-shirt are encouraged to pre-register by July 26th. Only limited amounts will be available on a first come, first serve basis - and all registrations received after July 26th will pay the higher price.
August 10th, 2014 - Jensen Center, Amherst, WI
STORE HOURS - Closed on Sunday
THE "SUPER TOUR" - 8:00 am to 2:00 pm - Wrap up the Rally with a scenic recumbent tour on beautiful, lightly traveled, well-paved back roads around Amherst, WI. Park in the Amherst High School lot and be ready to leave from The Jensen Center @ 8:00 am. Routes approximately 8, 14, 28 and 41 miles. The ride will take place weather permitting. Maps and sag wagon service will be provided.
LUNCH - Catered by: Ambrosia's - served from 11:30 to 1:30 pm Includes Sales Tax and Gratuity, Pre-registration Required.
MENU • Ambroasted chicken, Harvest Vegetable bake (vegetarian), Parsley buttered potatoes, Chateau vegetable blend (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, yellow squash and zucchini), cucumber salad, fruit salad, dinner rolls, cookie, lemonade, iced tea and water - $12.50/person - $6.75/children 10 & under
Super Tour Riders are encouraged to pre-register by July 26th to ensure adequate meals are prepared. Those registering after July 26th will pay higher rates and availability is not guaranteed.
All Rally participants will be charged a $15 fee for 2014. These costs include test rides, porta-potties, route marking, map printing and sag service. Rather than eliminating some of the services and keeping the Rally free, we have elected to continue holding a high quality event and charge a small fee. Your understanding is appreciated!
Meals and t-shirts are a little extra, but worth it! Pricing information is available on the registration form below, and is subject to change. Pre-registration must be received by July 26th for discounted rates.
2. Call Toll Free - 800-233-4340 - Please have your credit card information ready.
3. Day-of Registration - Stop by and sign the release waiver and enjoy the festivities.
Limited number of t-shirts and meals will be available day-of — first come, first serve.
Due to the typical high volume of summer activities and events in August, we suggest you make lodging reservations as early as possible.
Motels in Stevens Point and Plover
• Comfort Inn Plover (715) 342-0400 - 1560 American Drive, Plover, WI. 4 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Complimentary Breakfast Buffet, Complimentary Cocktail, Free High Speed Internet Access, Indoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool, Complimentary Local Phone Calls, Exercise Room, Complimentary Use of Business Center, Guest Laundry & Same Day Valet Services, Sundry Shop. Comfort Inn Website
• Country Inn & Suites (715) 345-7000 - 301 N. Division Street, Stevens Point. 7 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
• Econo Lodge Inn & Suites (715) 341-5110 - 5110 Main St, Stevens Point - I-39 and Hwy 10 intersection, 3 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Econo Lodge Inn Website
• Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (715) 342-9300 - Stevens Point - Hwy 10 East near I-39/10 intersection, 2.5 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
Rooms offer ample space for those wishing to bring their bikes into the rooms. Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Pool, Spa, 24 Hour Fitness Center, Free High Speed Wireless Internet, Business Center with computer and printer. Fairfield Inn Website
• Hampton Inn Plover (715) 295-9900 - 3090 Village Park Drive, Plover. 4 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Adjacent to I-39, exit 153, next to Menards. - Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet, Free High Speed Internet Access, Indoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool, Complimentary Local Phone Calls, Exercise Room, Complimentary Use of Business Center, Guest Laundry & Same Day Valet Services. Hampton Inn Website
• Holiday Inn (715) 344-0200 - 1001 Amber Ave. - Stevens Point - Off Hwy 10, 2 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Holiday Inn Website
• Holiday Inn Express (715) 344-0000 - 1100 Amber Ave. - Stevens Point - Off Hwy 10, 2 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Holiday Inn Express Website
Motels in Waupaca
• Best Western Grand Seasons Hotel (715) 258-9212 - 110 Grand Seasons Drive, Waupaca, WI. 26 miles from Stevens Point. Best Western Waupaca Website
• Comfort Suites at Foxfire (715) 942-0500 - 199 Foxfire Drive, Waupaca, WI. 26 miles from Stevens Point. Comfort Suites Website
Bed & Breakfast
• Amherst Inn Bed & Breakfast (888) 211-3555 - 303 South Main Street, Amherst, WI. 15 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Amherst Inn Website
• Apple Tree Lane Bed & Breakfast (715) 258-3107 - E3192 Apple Tree Lane, Waupaca, WI. 28 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Apple Tree Website
• Artha Sustainable Living Center - Bed & Breakfast (715) 824-3463 - 9784 County Road K, Amherst, WI. 20 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Artha Website
• Portage County Parks - Reservations @ www.co.portage.wi.us or by mail. Reservations can be made 11 months in advance.
- Collins Park - 20 miles NE of Stevens Point
- DuBay Park - 15 miles NW of Stevens Point
- Jordan Park - 6 miles N of Stevens Point
- Lake Emily Park - 12 miles SE of Stevens Point
• Wisconsin State Park - (715) 258-2372 - Hartman Creek State Park - 23 miles SE of Stevens Point