Fall Color Tour
The fifth annual Fall Color Tour is designed for self-sufficient riders and utilizes the routes from the Midwest Recumbent Rally, with the addition of gorgeous fall scenery.
There are no fees and no sag support, but maps and queue sheets will be provided.
- Meet at the Hostel Shoppe at 9 a.m. for a short meeting to determine what length routes everyone wants to ride and divide the group accordingly.
- Riders will stop at some of the studios on the Hidden Studios Art Tour, which will be taking place during that weekend.
- Saturday's riders will be able to choose from routes of about 13 to 30 miles.
- The longer ride will go to Amherst and back, and will stop for lunch at The Landmark Coffeehouse.
- The riders who do the shorter route can get lunch in Stevens Point and drive to meet Art Studios they would like to visit.
- Saturday evening - Dinner location decided on by the group.
- Breakfast at The Landmark Coffeehouse in Amherst. The coffee shop opens at 8:00 am. Riders will have time to meet for breakfast before the ride.
- The Tour will start at 10 am.
- Meet in the parking lot at the International Bank of Amherst, across the street from The Landmark Coffeehouse, in downtown Amherst.
- Sunday's riders will be able to choose from routes of about 16 to 32 miles. Routes to be determined. We will stop at some different Hidden Studios Art Tour stops on Sunday. We will also stop in Nelsonville for coffee at Ruby Coffee Roasters.
- Lunch at the Crystal Cafe at about noon if you do the longer ride. The riders who do the shorter route can get lunch in Amherst.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend. This will help with planning and Rolf will email you with weather updates as the time approaches.