Midwest Recumbent Rally
Save the date! The 24th Annual Midwest Recumbent Rally
will be held on August 4th, 5th and 6th, 2017!
Events on Friday & Saturday will be held @ the Hostel Shoppe in Stevens Point, Wisconsin!
Sunday's "SUPER TOUR" starts @ The Jensen Center in Amherst, Wisconsin.
Those wishing to eat Saturday's or Sunday's lunches or order a t-shirt are encouraged to pre-register by July 22nd, 2017. Only limited amounts will be available on a "first come, first serve" basis the day of the rally. All registrations received after July 22nd, 2017 will pay a higher price.
Friday, August 4th, 2017 - Hostel Shoppe, Stevens Point, WI
RALLY & STORE HOURS: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN: 10:00 am to 7:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe.
ICE CREAM RIDE & SOCIAL: 12:00 pm to 4 pm - start at Hostel Shoppe
The Ice Cream Ride is 10 miles. Ride on your own (no mass start) to King Cone. Maps provided.
Call the Hostel Shoppe for Sag Support.
SEMINAR: 4 pm - in the big tent next to the Hostel Shoppe
To Be Announced
Saturday, August 5th, 2017 - Hostel Shoppe, Stevens Point, WI
RALLY HOURS: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
STORE HOURS: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe.
MORNING TOURS: 7:30 am start for the two longer routes (Approximately 62 and 47 miles).
8:00 am start for the two middle length routes (Approximately 34 and 20 miles).
8:15 am start for the short route (Approximately 13 miles).
Mass starts at the Hostel Shoppe. Enjoy routes with sag wagon service on each route. Marked
routes will be east of Stevens Point on lightly traveled roads. The Hostel Shoppe and the
Boys & Girls Club of Portage County combine efforts to provide an excellent Saturday tour
complete with marked routes, sag wagon service, rest stops and port-o-potties.
the same routes. Donations are welcomed by the Boys and Girls Club of Portage County.
TEST RIDES: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe in the parking lot
Test rides will be conducted out of the store if you are interested in purchasing a trike.
Industry reps from Catrike, Greenspeed and Hase will be on hand to answer questions, and there
will be a select fleet of rally demos that can be purchased on sale and a lap track in the Hostel
Shoppe parking lot for test rides.
SWAP MEET: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe.
Buy or sell used recumbent bicycle equipment and bikes or trikes! Add to your stable or clean out
the garage to make room for a new bike! Free to registered Midwest Recumbent Rally participants.
You are responsible for all monetary transactions.
LUNCH: 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe Tent.
Prices to be announced. Includes Sales Tax and
gratuity. Pre-registration required by July 22, 2017 for these rates. Catered by Ambrosia's.
Menu: To Be Announced.
SEMINARS: In the tent next to the Hostel Shoppe.
To Be Announced
Sunday, August 6th, 2017 - Jensen Center, Amherst, WI
RALLY HOURS: 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
STORE HOURS: Closed
THE "SUPER TOUR": 8:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Jensen Center
Wrap up the Midwest Recumbent Rally with a scenic recumbent tour on beautiful, lightly traveled,
well-paved back roads around Amherst, WI. Park in the Amherst High School lot and be ready to
leave from The Jensen Center at 8:00 am. Routes are 8, 14, 28 and 41 miles. The ride will
take place weather permitting. Maps and sag wagon service will be provided.
LUNCH: 11:30 pm to 1:30 pm at the Jensen Center.
Prices to be announced. Includes Sales Tax and
gratuity. Pre-registration required by July 22nd, 2017 for these rates. Catered by Ambrosia's.
Menu: To Be Announced
- To Be Announced
Thanks to Rudy Rack for supplying bike racks for the rally!
SINGLE DAY RATES:
$10 Rally Fee for Friday Only: Includes the Ice Cream Ride map, marked route, call-in sag support
and any seminars.
$20 Rally Fee for Saturday Only: Includes the Saturday Morning Tour map, marked route, sag
support, rest stops, port-o-potties, seminars, ability to participate in Swap Meet, and visiting
$15 Rally Fee for Sunday Only: Includes the Sunday Super Tour map, marked route, sag
support, and Jensen Center facility rental.
MULTI DAY RATES:
$25 Rally Fee for any two days. Includes the days' services listed above in "Single Day Rates".
You can come for Friday and Saturday, or Saturday and Sunday.
$30 Rally Fee for all three days. Includes the days' services listed above in "Single Day Rates".
You can come for all three days.
All rates above include sales tax.
Children 17 & Under who are riding their own bikes on the tours (signed parental/guardian waiver
required) and participating in all rally activities will be charged the regular rally fees. Parents must
ride with the children on the tours and be present during the test rides. Children not participating
or riding in child trailers are free. Children not participating must have appropriate supervision. Meal
prices for children are listed on the registration form and above.
Meals and t-shirts are a little extra, but worth it! Pricing information available on the registration form
below. Pre-registration must be received by July 22nd, 2017 for discounted rates on lunches
1. Print it, sign it and mail it in with a check or money order.
Pre-registration coming in 2017
2. Call Toll Free - 800-233-4340 - Please have your credit card information ready.
3. Day-of Registration - Stop by and sign the release waiver and enjoy the festivities.
Limited number of t-shirts and meals available the day of the Rally - "first come, first serve".
2017 T-shirt Design To Be Announced
Due to the typical high volume of summer activities and events in August, we suggest you make lodging
reservations as early as possible.
Motels in Stevens Point & Plover:
• Comfort Inn Plover (715) 342-0400 - 1560 American Drive, Plover, WI. 4 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Comfort Inn Website
Complimentary Breakfast Buffet, Complimentary Cocktail, Free High Speed Internet Access, Indoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool, Complimentary
Local Phone Calls, Exercise Room, Complimentary Use of Business Center, Guest Laundry & Same Day Valet Services, Sundry Shop.
• Econo Lodge Inn & Suites (715) 341-5110 - 5110 Main St, Stevens Point - I-39 and Hwy 10 intersection, 3 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
• Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott (715) 342-9300 - Stevens Point - Hwy 10 East near I-39/10 intersection, 2.5 miles from Hostel
Deluxe Continental Breakfast, Pool, Spa, 24 Hour Fitness Center, Free High Speed Wireless Internet, business center with computer and
• Hampton Inn Plover (715) 295-9900 - 3090 Village Park Drive, Plover. 4 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Adjacent to I-39, exit 153, next
Complimentary Hot Breakfast Buffet, Free High Speed Internet Access, Indoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool, Complimentary Local Phone
Calls, Exercise Room, Complimentary Use of Business Center, Guest Laundry & Same Day Valet Services.
• Holiday Inn (715) 344-0200 - 1001 Amber Ave. - Stevens Point - Off Hwy 10, 2 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Holiday Inn Website
• Holiday Inn Express (715) 344-0000 - 1100 Amber Ave. - Stevens Point - Off Hwy 10, 2 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
• La Quinta (715) 344-1900 - 4917 Main St, Stevens Point - I-39 and Hwy 10 intersection, 3 miles from Hostel Shoppe.
Motels in Waupaca:
• Comfort Suites at Foxfire (715) 942-0500 - 199 Foxfire Drive, Waupaca, WI. 26 miles from Stevens Point. Comfort Suites Website
Bed & Breakfasts in Stevens Point, Amherst & Waupaca:
• Amherst Inn Bed & Breakfast (888) 211-3555 - 303 South Main Street, Amherst, WI. 15 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Amherst Inn Website
• Apple Tree Lane Bed & Breakfast (715) 258-3107 - E3192 Apple Tree Lane, Waupaca, WI. 28 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Apple Tree Website
• Artha Sustainable Living Center - Bed & Breakfast (715) 824-3463 - 9784 County Road K, Amherst, WI. 20 miles from Hostel Shoppe. Artha Website
Camping near Stevens Point, Amherst & Waupaca
made 11 months in advance.
- Collins Park - 20 miles NE of Stevens Point
- DuBay Park - 15 miles NW of Stevens Point
- Jordan Park - 6 miles N of Stevens Point
- Lake Emily Park - 12 miles SE of Stevens Point
• Wisconsin State Park - (715) 258-2372 - Hartman Creek State Park - 23 miles SE of Stevens Point
2016 Rally Photos
2015 Rally Videos
2014 Rally Photos and Videos