The practical cousin to the VTX, the Sprint X is likely to be the fastest foldable trike available. Highly customisable with suspension, seating and accessories to create the ultimate road tourer or commuter. The Sprint X extends the precision engineering and design of the standard Sprint range by utilising race-specification components. All trikes in the ICE Sprint X range are built on an optimised ICE frame featuring Compact Flat Twist Fold, No Brake Steer, and Rider Positioning System.
ICE AIR-PRO SEAT
The ICE Air-Pro Carbon seats are handmade and provide exceptional stiffness with minimal weight, weighing in at 1.1kg. The Air-Pro shell is an anatomically contoured shape which is available in two sizes (medium & large). The shell supports the rider through aggressive cornering and provides a firm brace to pedal against while flexing where appropriate for comfort. The shell has incorporated wings unlike most of its competitors, which reduces weight and increases efficiency. Fitted to the shell is a custom composite fabric cover made from carefully selected foams and surface materials for ultimate performance. The technical pad system is arranged to provide maximum comfort and support while riding, incorporating natural ventilation channels to maintain a cooling airflow across the back. Recognising that the shape and riding style of every rider is undoubtedly different we also designed a personal padding system that is provided separately, these pads allow the rider to place extra pads directly to the shell and under the cover for added support in areas they deem necessary.
The Sprint X is a performance trike with the benefit of a fold. The Compact Flat Twist Fold is based around a lightweight heat-treated aluminium hinge on the main frame. Simply remove the seat, fold the handlebars flat, and undo the quick release lever to fold the frame. As the frame folds, the rear wheel pivots to fit flat between the front wheels. The CFT fold allows the trike to be folded in under 30 seconds and works with ICE accessories.
Fitted with superior race components, such as SRAM SL500 Aero bar end shifters, which provide fast and accurate gear shifting mile after mile.
COMFORT MEETS PERFORMANCE
Fitted with the ICE Air Pro hard-shell seat as standard or configured with the popular ICE Ergo-Flow mesh seat as an option, our Rider Positioning System allows you to tailor the trike to you.
X-SEAM RANGE: 35" to 50"
STANDARD DESIGN FEATURES:
- The Sprint X 26 has a 26" rear wheel and a rigid frame.
- Includes the new ICE Compact Flat Twist (C.F.T.) folding feature, 3 piece safety flag and mirror.
- Folded dimensions are 31.5" wide x 40.5"-49.2" long x 23.5"-25.6" tall.
- Includes an v-Brake parking brake on the rear with an independent parking brake lever.
- Ackerman steering with No-Brake Steer.
- Steering is very stable at speed, yet responsive enough to do a “U” turn on most roads (18' turning circle).
- Fully adjustable anodised boom with laser etched fit markings to adjust for leg length.
- The seat angle is quickly adjustable from 36 to 42 degrees.
- Handlebars are adjustable for width and reach, and can be folded down for packing.
- Replaceable Rear Derailleur Hanger
- Tough, slippery chain tubes: Keep you and your chain clean and prolong chain life.
- Idler & chain tubes can be removed with one bolt for easy cleaning.
- Rohloff Ready
- Easy to accessorize with optional I.C.E. accessories.
- I.C.E. trikes do not include pedals.
Recumbent Tricycle Name: Ice Sprint X 26
Frame Construction: ICE Optimised folding frame with 4130 Chromoly cruciform and 7005 series heat treated boom and rear section
Rear Derailleur: Sram GX
Front Derailleur: Microshift Centos Triple
Shift Levers: SRAM TT500 bar end
Crankset: FSA Gossamer 30/39/50
Bottom Bracket: FSA
Cassette: PG1070 11-36 10 Speed
Brake Calipers: Avid BB7 160mm disc
Brake Levers: Avid
Drum Brake: N/A
Front Hub: ICE Custom Disc with sealed cartridge bearings
Rear Hub: Chosen 36 hole lightweight disc hub w/4 sealed cartridge bearings & alloy freehub body
Front Rim: ICE Performance
Rear Rim: ICE Performance
Spokes: Stainless black double butted with red alloy nipples
Chain: YBN S10C
Front Tire: Schwalbe Kojak 20 x 1.35" 406
Rear Tire: Schwalbe Kojak 26 x 1.35" 559
Tube Type: Presta
Frame Style: Tadpole
BB Height: 12.6" - 15" (320mm - 390mm)
Gear Range: 21.7" to 118.2"
Seat Height: 8" (200mm)
Total Weight: 37.5lb
Overall Length: 77.2"-85.8"
Overall Width: 31.5" (800mm)
Seat Angle: 36 - 42 degrees
Weight Limit: 275 lbs