Volae - 26/20" Century Demo
Regular Price: $2,195.00
Your Price: $1,795.00
You Save: $400.00 (18%)
The 26/20 frame has a slightly longer wheel base, a new head tube angle, an adjustable boom and more seat adjustment range for better fore/aft weight distribution for even more stable handling.
This all purpose recumbent bike is great for commuting, touring, recreational rides or fast rides with your bike club buddies. It does it all and does it with style, thanks to top end components and disc brakes. Those who want a fast bike, but prefer a lower bottom bracket and seat height compared to high racers, will love the Century.
Keeping with its do-it-all attitude, the Century still has plenty of room for fatter tires and fenders, and more than enough capacity for touring. Need one recumbent bike to do it all? This is it.
The adjustable seat combined with the adjustable boom enables properly fitting a wide range of rider sizes. The 26/20 Voyager fits riders from ~4’ 11” to 6’ 2” and X-seams from ~37” to 46”.
NOTE: The Comfort Carbon seat(small through x-large) comes stock on the Century, but can be swapped out for the Comfort Mesh seat for an even exchange.
Color: Sparkle Red or Sparkle Electric Blue
Standard Design Features:
- Seamless 4130 CroMoly tubing.
- Made in the USA.
- Frames hand-built by Waterford Precision Cycles.
- One frame size, four carbon seat sizes, two handlebar widths & six stems for a perfect fit.
- No slip seat adjustment.
- Quick release seat removes in seconds.
- Programmable seat settings: Seat removal independent of seat adjustment.
- Most solid seat platform in the industry for efficient energy initiation and excellent climbing.
- Telescopic seat braces with robust hex bolt clamps offer infinite adjustment range.
- Very stiff seat stays for efficient power generation to improve climbing.
- Open body position for best muscle group recruitment to improve climbing.
- Aerodynamic body position lets you laugh at the headwinds.
- Low friction chain management for easy climbing and overall efficiency.
- Aheadset extender allows headset to be adjusted normally and perfectly.
- Accessory friendly design.
- High quality Velocity wheels with unsurpassed consumer support.
Frame Construction: Tig Welded 4130 CroMoly w/telescopic boom
Fork: Aprebic Aluminum Alloy Disc (406mm)
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0
Front Derailleur: MicroShift
Shift Levers: SRAM X.9
Crankset: TruVativ Elita 3.3 30/39/52t 170mm
Bottom Bracket: TruVativ Giga-X Pipe
Headset: FSA Orbit X Threadless 1"
Cassette: SRAM PG-970 11-32t 9spd
Brake Calipers: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc
Brake Levers: Avid FR5
Drum Brake: N/A
Front Hub: Velocity ATB Lightweight Disc
Rear Hub: Velocity ATB Convertible Disc (135mm)
Front Rim: Velocity Aeroheat 406mm
Rear Rim: Velocity Aeroheat 559mm
Spokes: Stainless Blk 14g
Chain: SRAM PC-971
Pedals: Wellgo LU-897
Front Tire: Schwalbe Durano 20x1.1" (406mm)
Rear Tire: Schwalbe Durano 26x1.1" (559mm)
Tube Type: Presta
Frame Style: SWB
Steering: Volae Mid Seat Steering
BB Height: Approximately 26.5" - Adjustable
Gear Range: 23 - 114"
Seat Height: Approx. Hardshell 23" and Mesh 25" - Adj.
Total Weight: 29 lbs.
Overall Length: Adjustable
Overall Width: N/A
Seat Angle: Adjustable
Weight Limit: 250 lbs.