HP Velotechnik Scorpion fs 20 Colza Yellow Trike
210000000322Regular price $5,130.00 Save $0.00
Discover HP Velotechnik's Compact Full-Suspension Foldable Touring Trike
- It’s good to know, that even if things get rough ahead of you, you can still stay laid back and relaxed. When developing the award-winning design of the Scorpion fs 20 foldable touring trike, HP Velotechnik’s engineers used the latest chassis technology from the automotive sector to provide the most comfortable full suspension for your ride. But they did not compromise by simply using retro-fit solutions on existing frames.
- The whole vehicle was developed from scratch to incorporate an impressively sensitive full suspension in a sleek and lean design delivering superior performance. The wishbone axle geometry and HP Velotechnik’s unique Stabilizer System, with its anti-roll bar integrated into the frame design allow full use of the ample suspension travel. It is finely tuned to perfectly respond to the forces of the road. The low seat and far higher pedal position highlight the agile adult trike’s sporty character.
- Potholes, cobblestones, gravel roads: the condition of your way ahead can be shocking indeed. From now on, you are going to look forward to riding those sweet little challenges. Once you want to leave the beaten track, you need a quick responding suspension, stable road holding, precise steering, and an optimum of steadiness. Now, the Scorpion fs 20 is your perfect choice.
- The Scorpion fs 20’s most unique feature is the beefy wishbone and stabilizer bar system under the cruciform frame. This stops the trike from rolling in corners while preserving its suspension movement. Control at the extreme limits is noticeably improved and tipping safety significantly increased. The AntiDive kinematics prevent the negative dive effects on braking.
- The design of the camber and track geometry ensures that the steering mechanism offers straight-line stability over the entire suspension travel and remains easily accessible and free from impairment when braking (brake steer) or traversing obstacles (bump steer). You can feel it immediately: in the precision of the steering, the sporty handling, and the direct feedback from the road.
- The entire chassis is designed using our No Squat suspension design and transmits all of your drive energy to the road without any loss of power. In return, you enjoy complete comfort so that you can lean back and relax while dynamically accelerating, even on rocky roads.
Recumbent Tricycle Name: Scorpion fs20
Frame: Aluminium 7005T6u heat treated
Electric Assist: none
Parking Brake: yes, locking brake levers
Rear Suspension: DNM Torch DV-22 with 450lb Spring
Front Suspension: HP Velotechnik 2.4" travel
Weight Limit: 330 lbs (150 kg)
Total Weight: from 17.5 kg / 39 lbs incl. pedals
Manufacturer’s X-seam Range: 35 - 48" *
Seat Height: 12.5"
Overall Length: 68–81" / 172–206 cm
Overall Width: 33" / 83 cm
Overall Height: 34"
Folded Length: 36" / 90 cm
Folded Width: 33" / 83 cm
Folded Height: 25" / 63 cm
BB Height: 16–18" / 40–45 cm
Seat Angle: 41 - 49 degrees
Seat Type & Size: Ergo Mesh
Wheelbase: 43"(110 cm)
Brakes: Avid BB7 Mechanical Disc
Brake Levers: Promax w/locking mechanism
Drivetrain: Sturmey Archer Tripleshift 24 speed
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X4 8spd
Front Derailleur: None
Shift Levers: SRAM Gripshift twist
Bottom Bracket: External
Cassette / Cog: Shimano XT 8 speed 11-34 Cassette
Front Hub: Disc
Rear Hub: Sturmey Archer Internal 3 Speed Bolt-on
Front Tire: Schwalbe Tryker 20 x 1.50"
Rear Tire: Schwalbe Tryker 20 x 1.50"
Tube Type: Presta valve (standard)
Chain: 8 speed
Custom orders: color options: Blue shade grey matt Colza yellow Please call about custom ordering
Last Update: 5/03/2021
Notes: Riders should call us with their height, weight and X-seam for sizing assistance. Modifications may be needed for shorter or taller riders. For detailed X-seam measuring instructions go to Recumbent Sizing.
Please call us if you have any questions about the specs or if you would like to test ride this trike.