Catrike's many years of engineering and experience have come together to create the Dumont. The rear suspension features a highly progressive travel path combined with a custom spring rate and sophisticated damping for a perfect balance of performance and comfort. The shock is actuated via a CNC machined swingarm pivoting on precision cartridge bearings to allow the suspension system to operate with seamless efficiency. Up front, the Dumont employs Catrike's anti-dive patent-pending front suspension spindle to take the edge off while allowing all wheels to move independently. The result is that the Dumont stays firmly planted on the ground with the active suspension. The long and low rider position and fully adjustable boom provide the stable weight distribution needed for maximum performance while the ergonomic backrest is fully adjustable for the perfect fit. A 26-inch rear wheel and folding frame round out the Dumont to provide the ultimate ride.
- Padded Seat with Ergonomic adjustable seat back
- Self Centering steering
- Ackerman Steering Compensation - Different turn radius for inside and outside wheel
- Anodized Front Boom with adjustment scale
- Quick-Release Indexing Boom Clamp
- Aluminium Rod Ends
- Low Friction PTFE Chain Tube
- Roller wheels for rolling when folded
Included accessories and equipment:
- Platform Pedals (one side) / SPD compatible clipless pedals (other side)
- Left Mirror & mirror mount
- Computer Sensor Mount
- Rear Fender
- Flag & Flag Mount
- Proprietary Catrike Handrests
- Parking Brake Levers
- Built in Headlight Mount
- This trike fits x-seams from 39" to 46". A trike with a longer boom can be special ordered for an additional $25.
- The X-long boom (24") extends the X-seam range to 51". Click here to order the x-long boom on our website.
- The XX-Long boom (30") can be special ordered and extends the X-seam range to 57".
- Booms can be cut to fit shorter riders and the Hostel Shoppe also offers short cranksets to better fit shorter riders.
- To find how to measure x-seam, go to our Help Guides.
- Modifications may be needed for shorter or taller riders.
- If you are near either end of the stated X-seam range, please contact us about fitting.
- Rider weight Limit: 275 lbs
Recumbent Tricycle Name: Catrike Dumont
Electric Assist: None
Parking Brake: Yes - Locking brake levers
Rear Suspension: Rock Shox Monarch R (2" of travel)
Front Suspension: Elastomer (0.5" of travel)
Weight Limit: 275 lbs
Manufacturer’s X-seam Range: 39 - 46"
Total Weight: 43 lbs
Seat Height: 10"
Overall Length: 82"
Overall Width: 32.5"
Overall Height: 28"
Folded Length: 45.25"
Folded Width: 32.5"
Folded Height: 25"
BB Height: 16.5"
Seat Angle: 42 - 49 degrees
Seat Type & Size: Padded w/ Adjustable seat angle
Pedals: Combination Platform w/ SPD clipless
Gear Range: 21 - 118"
Brakes: Avid BB7 Disc
Brake Levers: Avid Speed Dial 7
Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX 10 Speed
Front Derailleur: Microshift Triple
Shift Levers: SRAM 500 TT Bar End
Crankset: FSA Gossamer Pro Triple 30/39/52t
Bottom Bracket: FSA Road MegaExo
Cassette / Cog: SRAM 10 Speed 11/36t
Front Hub: Catrike Disc
Rear Hub: Catrike 135mm, 12x142 Thru Axle
Front Tire: Schwalbe Marathon Racer 20 x 1.5" (40-406)
Rear Tire: Schwalbe Marathon Racer 26 x 1.5" (40-559)
Tube Type: Presta
Chain: KMC 10 speed
Headset: FSA Zero Stack
Last Update: 1/18/2020