We had been planning on merging the Midwest Recumbent Rally and the Bike for Boys & Girls Club ride into one fantastic new event – the Pedal Point Rally! All proceeds from the ride and registration would go to support our local chapter of the Boys & Girls Club of Portage County, which provides a fun, safe and healthy place for hundreds of area kids to go after school every day, as well as during school and summer breaks. To learn more about the Boys & Girls Club, which is a non-profit organization, you can visit their website here.
Due to COVID-19 concerns, we have decided to shift gears from the originally planned event to a virtual “bike-on-your-own” challenge this year. We are challenging you to bike 50 miles up to 1,000 miles, over the course of a month, starting July 1st.
Invite your friends and family to get active this summer and make a difference in the lives of Stevens Point youth. Registration for this event is free of charge, but participants will have the opportunity to win prizes by fund raising for the Boys & Girls Club.
Those who complete their month-long challenge from July 1st - August 1st and raise at least $25 in donations or pledges will receive a t-shirt, water bottle, and will be entered to win larger prizes. Prizes from sponsoring vendors will also be given to participants who bike the most miles and the participant who raises the most in pledges or donations.
Choose between five different biking challenges that you will complete from your own home.
- Competitive 1,000 Mile Challenge
- Advanced 500 Mile Challenge
- Intermediate 250 Mile Challenge
- Sport 100 Mile Biking Challenge
- Recreational 50 Mile Challenge
You will be making a difference in the lives of Portage County children. 100% of the proceeds will go towards feeding children daily, teaching life skills, and helping children through their daily challenges, big or small. When you are asking your friends and family to donate or pledge money for the number of miles you ride, please remember that you are helping us do whatever it takes to meet the needs of these children.
Anywhere you would like!
This year, we are going virtual, so you can bike any routes that you so choose, as long as you complete your challenge. If you would like to ride a route that has been offered at our past events, you can visit the Boys & Girls Club website for access to our maps.
If you would like to join our Strava group, please click here to help track your miles during your biking challenge.
Also, please remember follow bike safety and the bike rules of the road while you are completing the challenge.
Anyone who completes their biking challenge and raises at least $25 in donations or pledges will receive the following:
- Water Bottle
- Entered to win prizes
Each biking challenge category will have the chance to win three large prizes.
There will also be prizes given out to the following participants:
- The person who bikes the most miles
- The person who raises the most funds for the Boys & Girls Club
Steps to Complete the Virtual Pedal Point Rally Biking Challenge
- Register for biking challenge based on miles you believe you will be able to complete in one month. (July 1st through August 1st)
- To receive a t-shirt, water bottle, and be entered to win larger prizes, you will need to donate at least $25 or ask your friends and family to pledge or donate to help you reach your $25 donation goal.
- Begin biking on July 1st, 2020 to work towards completing your biking challenge.
- Follow our Virtual Pedal Point Rally Facebook Event to see updates and announcements.
- Report your results by logging into your Runsignup.com account and clicking on the Results tab after each ride or at the end of the month. Just make sure you report your results before August 2nd.
- Reach your virtual biking challenge and $25 donation goal by August 1st and receive a t-shirt, water bottle and be entered to win larger prizes!
Those who are interested in participating in this event can register online by July 1st, 2020.
Offer an easy way to accept donations; supporters who can't attend an event may want to send in some cash here.
For more information regarding Pedal Point Rally participation, sponsorship, or to donate, please call 715-204-1199, email firstname.lastname@example.org.