Catrike 5.5.9. Bosch eCat Atomic Orange Trike
Classic comfort combined with long distance performance, the 5.5.9 is the best of both worlds. Combining the adjustable backrest and padded seat mesh of the Road and Trail models with the long-distance capability of the Expedition, Catrike has created one of the most capable and comfortable trikes available. The ingenious design of the Catrike’s folding frame with roller wheels allows you to load it in just about any vehicle. Find enjoyment in the journey with the 5.5.9.
At the heart of the eCAT line is the latest in electric assist systems from industry leader Bosch. The result is a Catrike with the perfect combination of maximum efficiency, comfort and riding enjoyment. The efficient and versatile Active Line Plus electric-assist drive mated to a 1x11 drivetrain (11 - 42 cassette / 44 tooth chainring) provides dynamic performance – guaranteeing an authentic riding sensation with minimal pedaling resistance. It delivers active and sporty acceleration even at low cadences, offering powerful assistance as soon as you step on the pedals. In addition, the system’s multi-sensor technology and fast information processing ensure optimum interaction between you and your eCAT. The Bosch Active Line Plus electric-assist system features four power assist levels: Eco - 40%, Tour - 100%, Sport - 180% and Turbo - 270%. Each level also features a maximum drive torque to ensure smooth acceleration. The Bosch Active Line Plus delivers assist up to 20 mph and a cadence of 105, 50Nm of torque and a 400Wh Powerpack battery.
- Pedal assist up to 20 mph
- Support level (%): Eco - 40%, Tour - 100%, Sport - 180%, Turbo - 270%
- Voltage 36V and Capacity 11.0 Ah
- A maximum torque of up to 50 Nm ensures smooth acceleration
- Purion display offers an intuitive user interface with a plus/minus toggle switch
- The Purion display focuses on the essentials in a display that is easily read in sunlight
- The eCat models are equipped with a BOSCH 400 wh power pack battery
- Bosch eBike Systems have a 2-year warranty period from date of first end consumer purchase. Note: the warranty period for eBikes used in Commercial applications is reduced by 1 year.
- The Bosch PowerPack (battery) Guarantee, guarantees batteries will maintain at least 60% of its maximum capacity within the warranty period. Warranty period is two years on the battery or 500 full charge cycles.
- The Catrike SUPERNOVA Lighting System is at the forefront of award-winning design and technology for bicycle safety lighting. The eCAT light system includes the SUPERNOVA MINI 2 headlight and TL3 PRO taillight to help keep your Catrike visible both day and night without the hassle of charging separate batteries. The SUPERNOVA MINI 2 headlight offers superb performance in a compact aluminum case. It has 235 lumens and 100 lux providing ample visibility without blinding oncoming traffic and is perfect for both daytime running light and nighttime visibility. The TL3 PRO taillight is the first SUPERNOVA taillight with a sensor brake light and emergency strobe. The brake light is controlled by a high-precision 3-axis sensor that works without being connected to the brake levers. During braking, the taillight becomes almost 70 % brighter. The TL3 PRO taillight, with 32 LEDs provides a bright and impressive warning effect with visibility from both the rear and side. In the event of an emergency stop, the taillight generates a pulsating warning signal that is easily seen by cars and other vehicles.
- Padded Seat with Ergonomic adjustable seat back
- Self Centering steering with no Brake Steer
- Ackerman Steering Compensation - Different turn radius for inside and outside wheel
- Anodized Front Boom with adjustment scale
- Quick-Release Indexing Boom Clamp
- Aluminium Rod Ends
- Low Friction PTFE Chain Tube
- Roller wheels for rolling when folded
Included accessories and equipment:
- SUPERNOVA MINI 2 headlight and TL3 PRO taillight
- Platform Pedals (one side) / SPD compatible clipless pedals (other side)
- Left Mirror & mirror mount
- Computer Sensor Mount
- Rear Fender
- Flag & Flag Mount
- Proprietary Catrike Handrests
- Parking Brake Levers
- This trike fits x-seams from 39" to 46".
- To find how to measure x-seam, go to our Help Guides.
- Modifications may be needed for shorter or taller riders.
- eBoom minimum length is 35mm longer than Catrike's standard boom. Riders at the 5 foot and under height might not be able to utilize the eBoom on all models.
- If you are near either end of the stated X-seam range, please contact us about fitting.
- Rider weight Limit: 275 lbs
Recumbent Tricycle Name: Catrike 5.5.9. eCat
Electric Assist: Bosch Active Line Plus with 50Nm of Torque and a 400Wh Powerpack battery
Parking Brake: Yes - Locking brake levers
Rear Suspension: None
Front Suspension: None
Weight Limit: 275 lbs
Manufacturer’s X-seam Range: 39" - 46"
Total Weight: 56.4 lbs
Seat Height: 11"
Overall Length: 81"
Overall Width: 32.5"
Overall Height: 29"
Folded Length: 46"
Folded Width: 32.5"
Folded Height: 29.5"
BB Height: 14"
Seat Angle: 44 - 51 degrees
Seat Type & Size: Padded w/ adjustable seat angle
Pedals: Combination Platform w/ SPD clipless
Gear Range: 26.1" tp 99.5"
Brakes: Avid BB7 Disc
Brake Levers: Catrike Locking Parking Levers
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Apex 11 Speed
Front Derailleur: None
Shift Levers: SRAM 11 speed Bar End
Crankset: FSA 44t, 165mm Crankarms
Bottom Bracket: Bosch
Cassette / Cog: SRAM 11 speed 11-42t
Front Hub: Catrike Disc
Rear Hub: Catrike 135mm, 12x142 Thru Axle
Front Tire: Schwalbe Marathon Racer 20 x 1.5" (40-406)
Rear Tire: Schwalbe Marathon Racer 26 x 1.5" (40-559)
Tube Type: Presta
Chain: KMC 11 speed
Headset: FSA Zero Stack
Last Update: Aug 2023