Catrike Dumont Bosch eCat Lava Red Trike
Note: The price of this trike includes a $175 Shipping Surcharge assessed by Catrike Price: $6,950 + $175 = $7,125.
We have a big order of eCats and Bosch retrofit kits placed with Catrike, so you can reserve one of the trikes or kits off our upcoming shipment. Call us at 800-233-4340 for details or ordering.
Catrike’s 16 years of engineering and experience have come together to create the Dumont. The rear suspension features a highly progressive travel path combined with a custom spring rate and sophisticated damping for a perfect balance of performance and comfort. The shock is actuated via a CNC machined swingarm pivoting on precision cartridge bearings to allow the suspension system to operate with seamless efficiency. Up front, the Dumont employs Catrike’s anti-dive patent-pending front suspension spindle to take the edge off while allowing all wheels to move independently. The result is that the Dumont stays firmly planted on the ground with the active suspension. The long and low rider position and fully adjustable boom provide stable weight distribution needed for maximum performance while the ergonomic backrest is fully adjustable for the perfect fit. A 26-inch rear wheel and folding feature, round out the Dumont to provide the ultimate ride.
At the heart of the eCAT line is the latest in electric assist systems from industry leader Bosch. The result is a Catrike with the perfect combination of maximum efficiency, comfort and riding enjoyment. The efficient and versatile Active Line Plus electric-assist drive mated to a 1x11 drivetrain (11 - 42 cassette / 44 tooth chainring) provides dynamic performance – guaranteeing an authentic riding sensation with minimal pedaling resistance. It delivers active and sporty acceleration even at low cadences, offering powerful assistance as soon as you step on the pedals. In addition, the system’s multi-sensor technology and fast information processing ensure optimum interaction between you and your eCAT. The Bosch Active Line Plus electric-assist system features four power assist levels: Eco - 40%, Tour - 100%, Sport - 180% and Turbo - 270%. Each level also features a maximum drive torque to ensure smooth, gentle acceleration. The Bosch Active Line Plus delivers assist up to 20 mph and a cadence of 105, 50Nm of torque and a 400Wh Powerpack battery.
- Pedal assist up to 20 mph
- Support level (%): Eco - 40%, Tour - 100%, Sport - 180%, Turbo - 270%
- Voltage 36V and Capacity 11.0 Ah
- A maximum torque of up to 50 Nm ensures gentle acceleration
- Purion display offers an intuitive user interface with a plus/minus toggle switch
- The Purion display focuses on the essentials in a display that is easily read in sunlight
- The eCat models are equipped with a BOSCH 400 wh power pack battery
- Bosch eBike Systems have a 2-year warranty period from date of first end consumer purchase. Note: the warranty period for eBikes used in Commercial applications is reduced by 1 year.
- The Bosch PowerPack (battery) Guarantee, guarantees batteries will maintain at least 60% of its maximum capacity within the warranty period. Warranty period is two years on the battery or 500 full charge cycles.
- Padded Seat with Ergonomic adjustable seat back
- Self Centering steering with no Brake Steer
- Ackerman Steering Compensation - Different turn radius for inside and outside wheel
- Anodized Front Boom with adjustment scale
- Quick-Release Indexing Boom Clamp
- Aluminium Rod Ends
- Low Friction PTFE Chain Tube
- Roller wheels for rolling when folded
Included accessories and equipment:
- Platform Pedals (one side) / SPD compatible clipless pedals (other side)
- Left Mirror & mirror mount
- Computer Sensor Mount
- Rear Fender
- Flag & Flag Mount
- Proprietary Catrike Handrests
- Parking Brake Levers
- This trike fits x-seams from 39" to 46".
- To find how to measure x-seam, go to our Help Guides.
- Modifications may be needed for shorter or taller riders.
- eBoom minimum length is 35mm longer than Catrike's standard boom. Riders at the 5 foot and under height might not be able to utilize the eBoom on all models.
- If you are near either end of the stated X-seam range, please contact us about fitting.
- Rider weight Limit: 275 lbs
Recumbent Tricycle Name: Catrike Dumont eCat
Electric Assist: Bosch Active Line Plus with 50Nm of Torque and a 400Wh Powerpack battery
Parking Brake: Yes - Locking brake levers
Rear Suspension: Yes
Front Suspension: Yes
Weight Limit: 275 lbs
Manufacturer’s X-seam Range: 39" - 46"
Total Weight: 60.6 lbs
Seat Height: 10"
Overall Length: 82"
Overall Width: 32.5"
Overall Height: 28"
Folded Length: 45.25"
Folded Width: 32.5"
Folded Height: 25"
BB Height: 16.5"
Seat Angle: 42 - 49 degrees
Seat Type & Size: Padded w/ adjustable seat angle
Pedals: Combination Platform w/ SPD clipless
Gear Range: 26.1" to 99.5"
Brakes: Avid BB7 Disc
Brake Levers: Catrike Locking Parking Levers
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Apex 11 Speed
Front Derailleur: None
Shift Levers: SRAM 11 speed Bar End
Crankset: FSA 44t, 165mm Crankarms
Bottom Bracket: Bosch
Cassette / Cog: SRAM 11 speed 11-42t
Front Hub: Catrike Disc
Rear Hub: Catrike 135mm, 12x142 Thru Axle
Front Tire: Schwalbe Marathon Racer 20 x 1.5" (40-406)
Rear Tire: Schwalbe Marathon Racer 26 x 1.5" (40-559)
Tube Type: Presta
Chain: KMC 11 speed
Headset: FSA Zero Stack
Last Update: 12/18/2020