Greenspeed GT26 Greenspeed Green Recumbent Trike
Available for In Store Pickup Only. Please call 800-233-4340 to inquire about availability, if you are not located within driving distance to Stevens Point, WI.
The new Greenspeed GT26 is an exceptionally easy to ride trike. Introduced in 2017, the GT26 builds upon the popular GT20 and introduces it with a 26" rear wheel.
Sporting a carefully engineered lightweight frame, low rolling resistance tires and an efficient drivetrain, it provides exceptional performance which make this trike a real joy to ride for commuting, touring, or just exercising and having fun!
- Light, accurate steering with tight turning circle.
- Seat is adjustable for height and angle with quick release levers.
- Stiff, light frame reduces frame flex.
- Bar End shifters make gear changes easy.
- Easy entry/exit due to curved cross member.
- Narrow to fit through doors and gates.
- Folds easily for transport and storage.
Traditionally the main problem when using a 26" wheel on a trike is wheel flex, which can make it less stable at speed. Greenspeed has taken four steps to eliminate wheel flex:
1. The hub is much wider across the flanges than a standard hub, to increase the angle of the spokes and to make the wheel stiffer.
2. There is NO dish in the wheel, again making it stiffer and stronger.
3. They have used 13g spokes instead of 14g spokes.
4. They have used 36 spokes instead of the more common 32 spokes.
Note: You may notice that the mudguard boss does NOT align with the non-dished rear wheel. This was deliberate, as the spray from a wheel in wet conditions only comes off the centre of the tire and thus the mudguard does not need to be exactly centered over the tire. Furthermore, *IF* you the consumer decides to have say a Rohloff hub fitted, Greenspeed has provided the OEM dropouts and extra cable guides so that the mudguard will not be as off-center, since wheels are central when they built dishless. Plus, if you do prefer to have the rear wheel dished, then the mudguard will not be as far off-center in that case either.
- Suitable for on and off road.
- Seat is adjustable for height and angle using quick release levers.
- Great for touring and commuting.
- Easily folds for transport and storage.
- Greenspeed Flag
- Rear Fender
- X-seam range: 41 - 51"
- Weight Limit: 300 lbs
- Riders should call us at 800-233-4340 or 715-341-4340 with their height, weight and X-seam measurement for sizing assistance.
- Modifications may be needed for shorter or taller riders.
- For detailed X-seam measuring instructions go to Recumbent Sizing.
Recumbent Tricycle Name: Greenspeed GT26
Electric Assist: No
Parking Brake: Yes
Rear Suspension: None
Front Suspension: None
Weight Limit: 300 lbs
Manufacturer’s X-seam Range: 41 - 51"
Total Weight: 38 lbs
Seat Height: 12 - 17"
Overall Length: 86" max
Overall Width: 31"
Overall Height: 31-34"
Folded Length: 50"
Folded Width: 36"
Folded Height: 27 1/2" including rear fender
BB Height: 13 - 14"
Seat Angle: 30 - 48 degrees
Seat Type & Size: Mesh
Gear Range: 24 - 118 Gear Inches
Brakes: Sturmey Archer Drum
Brake Levers: Promax locking
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus
Front Derailleur: Microshift Alloy
Shift Levers: MicroSHIFT Bar End shifters
Crankset: FSA 34/ 50t Chainrings, 165mm Crankarms
Bottom Bracket: Squate Taper
Cassette / Cog: 8-speed 11-34t
Front Hub: Sturmey Archer drum
Rear Hub: Alloy Quick Release
Front Tire: Schwalbe Kojak 20 x 1.35 (35-406)
Rear Tire: Schwalbe Kojak 26 x 1.35 (35-559)
Tube Type: Schrader (standard)
Chain: YBN S8
Last Update: Aug 2022
Notes: Riders should call us with their height, weight and X-seam for sizing assistance. Modifications may be needed for shorter or taller riders. For detailed X-seam measuring instructions go to Recumbent Sizing.