The new Greenspeed GT26 is an exceptionally easy to ride trike. Introduced in 2017, the GT26 builds upon the popular GT20 and introduces it with a 26" rear wheel.
Sporting a carefully engineered lightweight frame, low rolling resistance tires and an efficient drivetrain, it provides exceptional performance which make this trike a real joy to ride for commuting, touring, or just exercising and having fun!
- Light, accurate steering with tight turning circle.
- Seat is adjustable for height and angle with quick release levers.
- Stiff, light frame reduces frame flex.
- Shimano Ultegra Bar End shifters make gear changes easy.
- Easy entry/exit due to curved cross member.
- Narrow to fit through doors and gates.
- Folds easily for transport and storage.
- Includes Chain Gobbler.
Traditionally the main problem when using a 26" wheel on a trike is wheel flex, which can make it less stable at speed. Greenspeed has taken four steps to eliminate wheel flex:
1. The hub is much wider across the flanges than a standard hub, to increase the angle of the spokes and to make the wheel stiffer.
2. There is NO dish in the wheel, again making it stiffer and stronger.
3. They have used 13g spokes instead of 14g spokes.
4. They have used 36 spokes instead of the more common 32 spokes.
Note: You may notice that the mudguard boss does NOT align with the non-dished rear wheel. This was deliberate, as the spray from a wheel in wet conditions only comes off the centre of the tire and thus the mudguard does not need to be exactly centered over the tire. Furthermore, *IF* you the consumer decides to have say a Rohloff hub fitted, Greenspeed has provided the OEM dropouts and extra cable guides so that the mudguard will not be as off-center, since wheels are central when they built dishless. Plus, if you do prefer to have the rear wheel dished, then the mudguard will not be as far off-center in that case either.
Recumbent Tricycle Name: Greenspeed GT26
X-seam range: 38" to 48.5"
Frame Construction: Aluminun alloy 7005 folding
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Altus
Front Derailleur: Microshift
Shift Levers: Shimano Ultegra Bar End
Crankset: Shun 165mm 56/42/28t
Bottom Bracket: Square Taper
Cassette: 8spd 11-34t
Brake Calipers: Twin Sturmey Archer Drum
Brake Levers: Pro Max Locking
Drum Brake: Twin Sturmey Archer 90mm Drums
Front Hub: Sturmey Archer Drum
Rear Hub: Shimano SH-T3000
Front Rim: 20" alloy
Rear Rim: 26" alloy
Spokes: Stainless Steel
Chain: YBN S8
Front Tire: Greenspeed Scorcher Slicks 20x1.5
Rear Tire: Greenspeed Scorcher Slicks 26x1.5
Tube Type: SV
Frame Style: QR seat and center fold
Steering: Centre Point Ackerman
BB Height: 13" - 14"
Gear Range: 16" - 108"
Seat Height: 12" - 17"
Total Weight: 37 lbs
Overall Length: 76" Adjustable
Overall Width: 31"
Seat Angle: 30-48 degrees
Weight Limit: 250lb
Notes: Riders should call us with their height, weight and X-seam for sizing assistance. Modifications may be needed for shorter or taller riders. For detailed X-seam measuring instructions go to Recumbent Sizing.