150% riding pleasure. More and more active people are leaning back and discovering the unique sitting comfort and energy-saving aerodynamics offered by an HP Velotechnik recumbent. The sporty Scorpion lets you experience how Fun, Cornering Stability, and Touring Capability can go together in this ultimate performance trike.
- Just a glance at the Scorpion lets you know that the stable track and low center of gravity provide secure road-holding to prevent accidents at all speeds. The robust wheels are placed further forward for better braking performance and lets you easily avoid road obstacles. The larger 26" rear wheel with its lower rolling resistance gives the rider a spirited ride in any conditions. The Scorpion still has a door-friendly track width (83cm or 33 inches) letting you roll your "new-best-friend" through most standard doors.
- It has never been easier for you to accept our invitation to try out the comfortable seat since the crossbar on the robust, lightweight aluminum frame sweeps elegantly backward to allow getting onto the trike easy: Simply stand in front of the seat and gently lower yourself down. While you enjoy panoramic views, the comfortable swingarm reacts to bumps on the rocky road lightning-fast. HP Velotechnik's tried-and-tested No-Squat technology ensures that your pedaling forces do not impair the suspension. The rear wheel transmits your pedaling force to the road as direct forward propulsion without need for complicated differential gears. Instead, your Scorpion can use the full range of modern bicycle drivetrain technology.
- If you want to go full speed ahead? Simply smile at any head wind. Accelerate. And look forward to carving the next corner...
- Manufacturer’s X-seam Range: 35 - 48"
- Weight Limit: 308 lbs
- Riders should call us with their height, weight and X-seam for sizing assistance.
- Modifications may be needed for shorter or taller riders.
- For detailed X-seam measuring instructions go to Recumbent Sizing.
Recumbent Tricycle Name: Scorpion 2
Electric Assist: none
Parking Brake: yes
Rear Suspension: DNM Torch Coil DV-22
Front Suspension: none
Weight Limit: 308 lbs
Manufacturer’s X-seam Range: 35 - 48"
Total Weight: 41 lbs
Seat Height: 12.5"
Overall Length: 74 - 91"
Overall Width: 33"
Overall Height: 34"
BB Height: 15 - 20"
Seat Angle: 41 - 49 degrees
Seat Type & Size: Ergo Mesh
Brakes: Avid Mechanical Disc 160mm rotor
Brake Levers: Promax
Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX 10 speed
Front Derailleur: 3 speed
Shift Levers: SRAM TT500 bar end shifters
Crankset: 170mm crankarms 30, 42, 52t chainrings
Bottom Bracket: Square Taper
Cassette / Cog: SRAM 10 speed 11-36t
Front Hub: Disc
Rear Hub: Quick Release
Front Tire: Schwalbe Tryker 20 x 1.5" (40-406)
Rear Tire: Schwalbe Marathon Racer 26 x 1.5" (40-559)
Tube Type: Presta (standard)
Chain: 10 speed
Last Update: 1/4/2021