Salsa Journeyer Sora 650 Aluminum Green
Unlock new roads and experiences with Journeyer Sora 650b. An all-new aluminum frame and our Waxwing carbon fork create a ride that’s fit for gravel roads, bikepacking routes, or getting from A to B around town with as much fun as possible. Mounts for fenders, racks, Anything Cages, and other accessories mean that you have options for carrying your ride supplies or camping gear. 650b wheels with 47 mm tires offer quick acceleration and a large contact patch for grip on loose surfaces. Shimano’s Sora 2 x 9-speed groupset prepares you for steep climbs or speedy flat sections. This formula made Journeyer one of the most popular gravel bikes out there — take one for a ride and see why.
- 6061-T6 Aluminum Frame: We use alloy tubing developed specifically for the Journeyer frame, which is then heat-treated to T6 alloy standards for extra strength and durability.
- 12 x 142mm Thru-Axle Rear: A thru-axle keeps the frame stiff for improved tracking and allows for consistent wheel placement.
- Waxwing Carbon Fork: The Waxwing fork features carbon construction with an aluminum steerer. The 12 x 100 mm thru-axle keeps the front end stiff, so it goes where you point it. We designed Waxwing to carry a load, with two sets of Three-Pack mounts and mid-blade rack mounts. Internal Dynamo Hub Cable Routing and fender mounts make it easier to ride in all conditions. Tire clearance is a huge 700c x 50 mm or 650b x 56.5 mm (27.5 x 2.25"), so you can run a wide range of wheels and tires. An abrasion-resistant plate on the inside of the fork prevents wear from mud and other road debris.
- Gravel Geometry: Journeyer is comfortable, stable and confidence inspiring whether it’s your daily driver, you’re ripping up dirt paths through town, exploring unfamiliar terrain, or entering your first gravel race. Spirited when you want it to be, but relaxed enough to leave you with the energy for long rides.
- Internal Cable Routing: Full-length housing improves shifting performance in poor conditions and increases use time between maintenance intervals. Internal routing for a clean, uncluttered look.
- Dropper Post Routing: Internal dropper post routing makes it easy to outfit your Journeyer for more technical riding.
- Flat-Mount Brakes: Flat-mount brakes offer a clean look, easy setup, and compatibility with most of today’s road and gravel brake offerings.
- Cargo Capability: Journeyer features front and rear rack mounts, a Three-Pack mount on each fork leg, a top tube mount, down tube mount, and bottle mounts. With this many options, you can load it up however you like.
- 650b x 47mm Wheels and Tires: 650b wheels accelerate quickly, and the high-volume 47 mm Teravail Washburn tires blend straight-line speed with confidence in turns on loose terrain.
- Salsa Cowbell Drop Handlebar: Drop bars provide multiple hand positions, increasing comfort and efficiency on long rides. They also provide the rider a more aerodynamic position when stiff headwinds arise. Our Cowbell bars feature a 12° flare that puts your hands, wrists, and arms into a position that feels natural when you’re in the drops.
- Dual Wheel Size Compatibility: Journeyer fits both 700c and 650b wheel sizes. We offer models in each size so you can choose the one that meets your needs or set up a second wheel set so your Journeyer is ready for any type of ride.
- On-Bike Storage: Salsa innovated new bottle and accessory mount placements for added utility and ride range. Our gravel and road bikes have mounts on the top tube and underside of the down tube, plus up to five additional bottle mounts for extra hydration, ride accessories, and bikepacking gear. Our mountain bike line features top tube mounts, mounts on the underside of the down tube on hardtail models, and space for multiple bottles on hardtails and select suspension bikes.
Visit Salsa Cycles for complete specifications.