Wintertime is the perfect time of year for cross training. After all, you rode your heart out over the course of the summer, so why not get a pair of tights that can easily double for other sports? Answering this question are our Therminal™ Tights. They're built without a chamois, so you can pair them with your favorite shorts for riding, or use them independently for other winter activities.
For the construction, these tights feature our Therminal™ fabric, which is designed to both insulate and manage moisture buildup. To do so, it has a brushed fleece interior with a light loft that pulls moisture away from skin to evaporate it at the material's surface. This loft also has the added benefit of insulation, which occurs by trapping tiny pockets of warmth between the skin and the fabric. The result? Consistent warmth that doesn't come with the risk of overheating. And to take this principle a step further, we've engineered the ankles to eliminate the gap between the bottom of the tights and the top of the shoes. This creates sealed interface with covers or socks to keep the cold from infiltrating the legs.
As for the fit, they have an articulated cycling design that conforms to the body within the cycling position. This means that throughout your movements, the fabrics will follow the body, not work against them. And as a result, these tights won't cause any chafing, unwanted rubbing, or abrasion.
These tights were purposefully constructed without a chamois, and the reason is pretty simple. For those who prefer to keep riding in their favorite bib shorts year-round, you're able to simply layer these tights over your shorts for predictable comfort and added warmth. And for anyone seeking out versatility, these tights will be perfect for use in other disciplines like Nordic skiing, running, or snowshoeing.
- Therminal™ fabrics feature remarkable insulating properties, astounding levels of breathability and moisture management, and a lightweight, brushed back fleece that's soft against the skin.
- Articulated cycling fit is designed to complement the body throughout the positions and movements of cycling, which eliminates any unwanted pinching, rubbing, or chafing.
- Ankle gaiters interface perfectly with shoes and covers to prevent water and cold air from creeping up the legs.
- Eight-inch ankle zipper makes getting your legs in and out of the tights a simplified affair.
- Reflective elements increase your visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.
- Deflect™ UV 50+ protects against harmful UV rays.
- Fabric weight: 320g