The Catrike Boom Adjust Chain Tensioner allows you to move your boom without hassling with the chain. It automatically compensates for changes in chain length when you adjust the seat for different riders. Perfect for anyone that would like to share their Catrike with different riders. The installation is simple, design is sleek and materials are strong. If more than one person rides your Catrike, then a Catrike Boom Adjust Chain Tensioner is perfect to eliminate the worries of whether the chain is too long or too short!
- We originally designed this kit at the request of Catrike. They wanted something for dealers to be able to easily offer test rides without having to lengthen or shorten the chain. It was such a hit that it became clear it wasn't really just an internal Catrike item for dealers. We talked and decided it was best for us to take it public and sell it directly.
- One of the requirements was that it would handle the full range of boom adjustment. We originally designed something with a deraileur, but it wasn't possible to get the needed range. So, we went for it and made this. Ball bearing idlers, custom machined clamp, the works. The response has been overwhelming, it has been hard to keep them in stock at times.
- All parts are black anodized CNC machined 6061 T6 Aluminum. All fasteners are stainless steel. The idlers are Delrin with 6mm sealed cartridge bearings.
- The front clamp is machined specifically for the Catrike boom tube, which is a special custom size. The length of the front arm is designed to cover the full range of boom adjustment.
- No particular maintenance is required. The idlers are high quality and have sealed cartridge ball bearings that will outlast the other parts of your drivetrain by several times.
- Also known as a Chain Gobbler