Lazer G1 MIPS Helmet Flash Orange
So light you’ll forget you’re wearing it. So well ventilated your head will stay cool on the toughest of climbs. So versatile it can transform into an aero helmet in one easy step. Awarded Virginia Tech 5-Star rating, this is the G1 MIPS.
Weighing in at 235 grams, the G1 MIPS is the lightest helmet we have ever made. It is the climbers’ favorite on the ProTour. Not only is it a featherweight, but it’s extremely well ventilated. Twenty-two vents and internal air channels create 8% more airflow over the head than wearing no helmet at all.
It’s also comfortable - vital for long days in the saddle. The Super Lightweight ARS Fit System ensures a snug and comfortable fit with no pressure points. The head basket is adjustable. Two sets of pads are included so you can choose between superlight and comfort pads. Awarded the esteemed Virginia Tech 5-Star “Best Available” protection rating, you can trust that the G1 MIPS is a great choice. The MIPS system helps reduce the risk of rotational injury.
When you’re after every bit of speed, the addition of the Aeroshell (sold separately) transforms the G1 MIPS into an aero helmet.
- 5-star protection rating: The Virginia Tech impact testing uses the STAR evaluation system to determine the helmet’s ability to reduce linear acceleration and rotational velocity of the head resulting from a range of impacts a cyclist might experience. 5-star indicates the “Best Available” rating possible. Virginia Tech recommends the use of any 4- or 5-star rated helmet.
- MIPS Layer: The Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) helps reduce the risk of rotational brain injury by isolating your head from the rotation of the helmet shell in the event of an impact.
- Advanced Rollsys System (ARS): Easily adjust your helmet’s fit by using the thumbwheel on the top of the helmet. Lazer’s unique fit system prevents hotspots or pressure points by making the adjustment around the entire circumference of the head.
- Adjustable Head Basket: Allows the back part of the retention system to be adjusted up and down depending upon your preference and comfort. The nylon ratchet system can be pushed high and out of the way, or low for a feeling of increased security.
- Well Ventilated: Carefully designed vents and internal channeling pull air into the helmet and across your head for increased airflow. Essential for performance and comfort during high temperatures and hard efforts.
- Lightweight: One of the lightest helmets we have ever created. Meets all safety testing and certification requirements while being so light you’ll hardly notice it on your head.
- Lazer Aeroshell Compatible: Multi use polycarbonate cover which fits over top of your helmet. It covers the front and side vents to protect your head from rain and cold or to gain an aerodynamic advantage.
- Comes with race and comfort pads: We include both thicker pads and thinner pads so you can set up your helmet as you like it - increase comfort or shave grams by easily switching the pads out.
- MATERIAL: EPS Foam, Polycarbonate, Nylon
- FIT SYSTEM: Advanced Rollsys System (ARS)
- VENTILATION: 22 Vents
- ROTATIONAL PROTECTION: MIPS
- CERTIFICATION: CPSC
- ACCESSORIES: Optional Aeroshell
- WEIGHT: 235g (size small)