June 1st to June 30th - Virtual Ride
Fri., July 15th & Sat., July 16th, 2022
Our 3rd annual Pedal Point Rally is going continuing to grow! This year's event will be a combination of our virtual challenge and an in-person bike ride, now with an option to ride with us for TWO DAYS! Choose between a month long virtual biking challenge, a Friday ice cream ride and rally dinner, or choose one of the many distances to ride with us in-person on Saturday, or better yet, all of the above! Like the past two years, all proceeds from the ride and registration will go to support our local chapter of the Boys & Girls Club of Portage County, which provides a fun, safe and healthy place for hundreds of area kids to go after school every day, as well as during school and summer breaks. To learn more about the Boys & Girls Club, which is a non-profit organization, you can visit their website here.
Virtual Biking Challenge
This event will be the same as the last two years. You will have the month of June to complete the virtual biking challenge from the comforts of your neighborhood or the trails around your community. Challenge yourself to see how far you can bike in one month!!
Like the last two years, there is no charge to participate in this virtual challenge! However with a $25 donation or more you can unlock a Pedal Point Rally T-shirt that recognizes which of the challenge distances you completed (25 miles, 50 miles, 100 miles, 250 miles, 500 miles or 1000 miles)! Major bragging rights! These shirts will be ready to pick up at the in-person events or you can pay to have the shirts mailed to you. Be sure to join the Virtual Challenge Facebook page for fun virtual games to win gift cards and other prizes.
In Person Event Options
New this year, is an approximately 10 mile ice cream ride followed by a "welcome to the rally" dinner on Friday, July 15th at the Hostel Shoppe. Riders will meet at the Hostel Shoppe to pick up their registration packets and event t-shirts, a map to a local favorite ice cream destination to ride to where you can savor an ice cream cone or cold treat, then ride back to the Hostel Shoppe to enjoy a delicious dinner together and kick off the event weekend.
On Saturday, July 16th, you can participate in our in-person celebration ride at the Hostel Shoppe. Rides range in lengths from four miles up to sixty miles. After the ride enjoy a tasty meal from local food trucks, bounce houses, games for youth and adults, and demo rides and clinics from some of our vendors. We will also have a short presentation to award prizes to those who biked the most miles and raised the most pledges for the Boys and Girls Club of Portage County.
All events will be held at the Hostel Shoppe in Stevens Point, Wisconsin!
Friday, July 15th 2022
(Note: To participate in Friday's Events, you MUST register for the Friday & Saturday two day event!)
RALLY HOURS: 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm
STORE HOURS: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe.
ICE CREAM RIDE & SOCIAL: 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - start at Hostel Shoppe
The Ice Cream Ride is 10 miles. Ride on your own (no mass start) to a local favorite ice cream destination. Maps provided. Call the Hostel Shoppe for Sag Support.
SOCIAL HOUR & CATERED DINNER: 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm - in the big tent next to the Hostel Shoppe.
Saturday, July 16th 2022
(Note: Saturday Only Rates Available)
RALLY HOURS: 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
STORE HOURS: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
REGISTRATION & CHECK IN: 7:30 am to 10:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe.
MORNING TOURS: Mass starts at the Hostel Shoppe.
8:00 am start for the two longer routes (Approximately 60 and 40 miles).
9:00 am start for the two middle length routes (Approximately 20 and 13 miles).
10:30 am start for the short route (4 mile Rich Johnson Family Ride).
Enjoy routes with sag wagon service on each route. Marked routes will be east of Stevens Point on lightly traveled roads. The Hostel Shoppe and the Boys & Girls Club of Portage County combine efforts to provide an excellent Saturday tour complete with marked routes, sag wagon service, rest stops and port-o-potties.
VENDOR FAIR & DEMO AREA: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm at the Hostel Shoppe in the parking lot. Industry reps will be on hand to answer questions, and there will be a select fleet of rally demos that can be purchased on sale and a lap track for test rides.
You don't have to register for the event to come and enjoy the food!
Enjoy yummy panini sandwiches from Stone Press Food Truck - They have the most delicious ciabatta bread with a crunchy outside and soft inside that hug a delectable assortment of meat, cheese, and veggies. You don't have to wait till your next vacation to experience flavors that take you to a new destination!
If you are craving some southern comfort food then visit SmokeHouse Barbeque Food Truck! Specializing in pulled pork, pulled brisket and pulled chicken, these delicious meals will fill you right back up after your day of riding.
FUN & GAMES:
Details to be announced!
Spokes Fighting Strokes - Their mission is to reach every stroke survivor and show them that recovery is possible! Through adaptive cycling clinics in the Phoenix and Denver, we help stroke survivors to get their life back, by regaining strength and ability, hope and freedom. The goal is increase awareness about stroke and HHT (Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia) and to make adaptive cycling available to the stroke community. Dan will be leading out some of our riders on Friday and Saturday and he will have adaptive trikes available to demo at the event!
Thanks to Rudy Rack for supplying bike racks for the rally!
FULL WEEKEND REGISTRATION FOR ALL RIDE LENGTHS INCLUDES:
- Ice Cream Ride
- Friday evening catered dinner & social hour
- Saturday bike ride & afternoon activities
- Event Dates: Friday July 15 - Saturday July 16, 2022
- Adult Price: $50 Youth: $30 BGC Youth Member: $10
- Registration: Price increases to $60 for adults and $35 for youth after July 3rd, 2022 at 11:59 pm CDT
SATURDAY RIDE REGISTRATION FOR 4 ,13, 20, 40 & 60 MILE RIDES INCLUDES:
- Saturday bike ride & afternoon activities
- Event Date: Saturday July 16
- Adult Price: $25 Youth: $10 (Free for Boys and Girl Club Youth Members)
- Registration: Price increases to $30.00 for adults after July 3rd at 11:59 pm CDT for adults only.
Children 17 & Under who are riding their own bikes on the tours (signed parental/guardian waiver required) and participating in all rally activities will be charged the youth rally fees. Parents must ride with the children on the tours and be present during the test rides. Children not participating or riding in child trailers are free. Children not participating must have appropriate supervision.
- Call Toll Free- 800-233-4340 – if you have any questions. We can assist you with an online registration. Please have your credit card information ready.
- Day-of Registration - Stop by and sign the release waiver and enjoy the festivities.
Due to the typical high volume of summer activities and events in August, we suggest you make lodging reservations as early as possible.
Hotels in Stevens Point & Plover
- Comfort Inn Plover - (715) 952-9941 - 1560 American Drive, Plover, WI 54467 – 4.4 miles from Hostel Shoppe - Comfort Inn Website - Complimentary Breakfast Buffet, Free WiFi, Indoor Swimming Pool & Whirlpool, Exercise Room
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson - (715) 345-7000 - 301 N. Division Street, Stevens Point, WI 54481 – 7.4 miles from Hostel Shoppe - Country Inn & Suites Website - Complimentary Breakfast, Free WiFi, Lending Library, Pet Friendly, Complimentary Cookies & Tea
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites - (715) 341-5110 - 5110 Main St, Stevens Point, WI 54481 – 3.4 miles from Hostel Shoppe - Econo Lodge Inn Website - Free Continental Breakfast, Free WiFi, Restaurant, Lounge/Bar, Pet Friendly, Indoor Pool
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - (715) 342-9300 – 5317 US Hwy 10 East, Stevens Point, WI 54482 - 2.4 miles from Hostel Shoppe - Fairfield Inn Website - Exercise Room, Free WiFi, Indoor Pool, Jacuzzi/Hot Tub, Guest Laundry, In Room Coffee, Free Breakfast Buffet
- Hampton Inn Plover - (715) 295-9900 - 3090 Village Park Drive, Plover, WI 54467 - 4.5 miles from Hostel Shoppe - Hampton Inn Website - Complimentary Hot & Cold Breakfast Buffet, Free Wi-Fi & Parking, Free Pool, Hot Tub & Fitness Room Access
- Holiday Inn Stevens Point – Convention Center - (715) 344-0200 - 1001 Amber Ave., Stevens Point, WI 54482 - 2.3 miles from Hostel Shoppe - Holiday Inn Website - Kids Stay & Eat Free, Free Wi-Fi & Parking, Free Pool, Hot Tub & Fitness Room Access, Restaurant & Bar, Convenience Store
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites - (715) 344-0000 - 1100 Amber Ave., Stevens Point, WI 54482 - 2 miles from Hostel Shoppe - Holiday Inn Express Website - Free Breakfast, Free WiFi, Pool, Spa, Fitness Center
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham - (715) 344-1900 - 4917 Main St, Stevens Point, 54481 - 4 miles from Hostel Shoppe - La Quinta Stevens Point Website - Free Breakfast, Free WiFi, Pool, Spa, 24 Hour Fitness Center, Pet Friendly
Bed & Breakfasts in Stevens Point & Amherst
- Artha Sustainable Living Center - Bed & Breakfast - (715) 824-3463 - 9784 County Road K, Amherst, WI 54406 - 18.7 miles from Hostel Shoppe - Artha Website
- Dreams of Yesteryear Bed & Breakfast - (715) 341-4525 - 1100 Brawley St., Stevens Point, WI 54481 – 5 miles from Hostel Shoppe - Dreams of Yesteryear Website
Camping near Stevens Point & AmherstPortage County Parks - (715) 346-1433 - 1903 County Rd Y, Stevens Point, WI 54482 - Portage County Parks Website
- Jordan Park, 5800 Jordan Rd, Stevens Point, WI 54482 – 7.5 miles from Hostel Shoppe
- Lake Emily Park, 3968 Park Drive, Amherst Junction, WI 54407 – 9.6 miles from Hostel Shoppe
- Collins Park, 2711 County Road I, Rosholt, WI 54473 – 15.8 miles from Hostel Shoppe
- DuBay Park, 4501 County Road E, Junction City, WI 54443 – 22.1 miles from Hostel Shoppe