Lazer Impala MIPS Helmet Matte Grey
Well ventilated and with extended coverage, the Impala MIPS is a lightweight helmet for mountain bikers looking for comfort and great protection. Integrated features include goggle parking and MIPS technology. Impala MIPS has the Virginia Tech 5-Star protection rating.
The Impala MIPS uses the ATS Fit System to tighten 360 degrees around your head for a secure fit and all-day riding comfort. Awarded the Virginia Tech 5-star “Best Available” protection rating, the combination of deeper coverage and a MIPS layer give your head more protection just in case things don’t go your way. The bottom shell finishing prevents unnecessary damage to the helmet foam.
The adjustable visor not only blocks the sun but can be pushed up to park your goggles, while the handy non-slip section holds the strap firmly in place. Twenty-two carefully placed vents ensure you keep cooler even on sweaty days.
An anti-snag removable light/camera accessory mount is included and the helmet shell is designed to prevent the mount or accessory from intruding into the helmet in the event of an impact. The Impala MIPS is also compatible with the rear ATS LED light for when you’re making the most of every last minute of sunlight.
- 5-star protection rating: The Virginia Tech impact testing uses the STAR evaluation system to determine the helmet’s ability to reduce linear acceleration and rotational velocity of the head resulting from a range of impacts a cyclist might experience. 5-star indicates the “Best Available” rating possible. Virginia Tech recommends the use of any 4- or 5-star rated helmet.
- MIPS Layer: The Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS) helps reduce the risk of rotational brain injury by isolating your head from the rotation of the helmet shell in the event of an impact.
- Safety Mounting System (SMS): Anti-intrusion helmet design which directs impact force on the accessory mount and accessory to the periphery of the helmet. Helmets with the SMS pass safety certification when the accessory mount and accessory are in place.
- Advanced Turnfit System (ATS): Easily adjust your helmet by using the turn dial on the back of the helmet for an aerodynamic and secure fit. Lazer’s unique fit system prevents hotspots or pressure points by making the adjustment around the entire circumference of your head.
- Adjustable Head Basket: Allows the back part of the retention system to be adjusted up and down depending upon your preference and comfort. The nylon ratchet system can be pushed high and out of the way, or low for a feeling of increased security.
- MTB Internal ventilation channels: Designed to pull air in through the front and side vents, across your head, and out the rear vents. Channeling ensures active airflow at all times to keep your head cool and comfortable, even on long, slow climbs.
- Increased protection: The dropped profile provides additional coverage and protection around the sides and the rear of your head.
- MTB Helmet Bottomshell: Polycarbonate bottomshell finishing looks good and helps protect the helmet foam for increased durability.
- Adjustable visor: Visor has four set positions so you can easily adjust it to where you need it, even while you are riding.
- Secure goggle parking: Adjust the visor to the top position to create the perfect place to park your goggles when you’re not using them. The no-slip design on the rear of the helmet prevents the goggle strap from moving out of position.
- Action camera mount: Safely and easily attach an action camera or headlight to your helmet with the specially designed accessory mount. The Safety Mounting System (SMS) in the helmet shell prevents the risk of intrusion in the event of an impact.
- MATERIAL: EPS Foam, Polycarbonate, Nylon
- FIT SYSTEM: Advanced Turnfit System (ATS)
- VENTILATION: 22 Vents
- ROTATIONAL PROTECTION: MIPS
- CERTIFICATION: CPSC
- ACCESSORIES: Optional LED Taillight, Action Camera Mount
- WEIGHT: 335g (size small)