Salsa Journeyer Sora Bike 700c Aluminum Black
Journeyer Sora 700c has everything you need for dipping into the world of dirt-road rides. The all-new aluminum frame and our Waxwing carbon fork deliver comfort and poise on rough roads but are just as enjoyable on the pavement and paths around town. You’ll find mounts for fenders, racks, Anything Cages, and other ride accessories, making it easy to carry whatever you need for your gravel ride, commute, or bikepacking outing. The 700c wheels and 38 mm tires roll surely and speedily over asphalt, dirt, and gravel for lacing together all-road adventures that don’t have to end where the pavement does. Shimano’s Sora 2 x 9-speed components have plenty of gear range on tap for whatever your ride goals may be. We believe Journeyer Sora 700c has all the best adventure bike features in an accessible package. Time to start making plans
- ON-BIKE STORAGE: Carry more on your bike and less on your body. These frames and forks feature mounts for extra bottles, camping gear, and ride accessories.
- FRAME PROTECTION: Worry less about bike damage. These frames and forks are designed and built to hold up to the rugged adventures you put them through.
- 6061-T6 ALUMINUM FRAME: We use alloy tubing developed specifically for the Journeyer frame, which is then heat-treated to T6 alloy standards for extra strength and durability.
- 12 x 142mm THRU-AXLE REAR: A thru-axle keeps the frame stiff for improved tracking and allows for consistent wheel placement.
- WAXWING CARBON FORK: The Waxwing fork features carbon construction with an aluminum steerer. The 12 x 100mm thru-axle keeps the front end stiff, so it goes where you point it. We designed Waxwing to carry a load, with two sets of Three-Pack mounts and mid-blade rack mounts. Internal Dynamo Hub Cable Routing and fender mounts make it easier to ride in all conditions. Tire clearance is a huge 700c x 50 mm or 650b x 56.5 mm (27.5 x 2.25"), so you can run a wide range of wheels and tires. An abrasion-resistant plate on the inside of the fork prevents wear from mud and other road debris.
- GRAVEL GEOMETRY: Journeyer is comfortable, stable and confidence inspiring whether it’s your daily driver, you’re ripping up dirt paths through town, exploring unfamiliar terrain, or entering your first gravel race. Spirited when you want it to be, but relaxed enough to leave you with the energy for long rides.
- INTERNAL CABLE ROUTING: Full-length housing improves shifting performance in poor conditions and increases use time between maintenance intervals. Internal routing for a clean, uncluttered look.
- DROPPER POST ROUTING: Internal dropper post routing makes it easy to outfit your Journeyer for more technical riding.
- FLAT-MOUNT BRAKES: Flat-mount brakes offer a clean look, easy setup, and compatibility with most of today’s road and gravel brake offerings.
- CARGO CAPABILITY: Journeyer features front and rear rack mounts, a Three-Pack mount on each fork leg, a top tube mount, down tube mount, and bottle mounts. With this many options, you can load it up however you like.
- 700c x 38mm WHEELS AND TIRES: 700c wheels hold their momentum well, and the 38 mm Teravail Washburn tires blend straight-line speed with confidence in turns on loose terrain.
- SALSA COWBELL DROP HANDLEBAR: Drop bars provide multiple hand positions, increasing comfort and efficiency on long rides. They also provide the rider a more aerodynamic position when stiff headwinds arise. Our Cowbell bars feature a 12° flare that puts your hands, wrists, and arms into a position that feels natural when you’re in the drops.
- DUAL WHEEL SIZE COMPATIBILITY: Journeyer fits both 700c and 650b wheel sizes. We offer models in each size so you can choose the one that meets your needs or set up a second wheel set so your Journeyer is ready for any type of ride.
Visit Salsa Cycles for complete specifications.