Electric Bike Outfitters Burly Front 20" Black 48v
Let electric assist elevate your ride to new heights. Electric assist can take you further, take you there faster, and even take you to places you've never gone before. Don't let the wind, the hills, or even stiff joints keep you from doing what you enjoy most... Getting out there to ride!
Electric assist isn't cheating. It's actually a means to improve your health and fitness. Allowing you to ride further, ride more often, ride with faster friends, and even ride on those days when everything else seems stacked against you. Electric assist is an enabler.
Designed for rugged bike riders, this kit features a plastic battery case with an integrated controller. It averages 30 miles with the 48V system without pedaling. Maximum speed of 20 mph with the 48V system. Range will increase significantly to 30-60 miles when used with pedal assist modes. (Actual mileage varies with bike/trike, terrain, riding surface etc.) The Burly kit includes a complete wheel with motor, freewheel (if applicable), battery, charger, thumb throtttle, plus/minus button, color LCD console and e-brake levers.
Additional items are required for installation on most trikes and some bikes, including a battery mount, mounts for the console, plus/minus button and throttle, possible wiring extension cables and labor to install. Upgrading to a more puncture resistant tire may also be desirable to prevent flats and having to remove the e-assist wheel, which is bolted on.
Schwalbe Marathon Plus puncture resistant tires can be found in our Tire Section.
Battery mounts for various applications can be found in our Battery Mount Section.
Cockpit mounts for the console, plus/minus button, and throttle can be found in our Mounts Section.
For a complete estimate or if you have questions, call us at 800-233-4340 and have the following information handy (feel free to take clear, detailed pictures to email us, if you are unsure):
- Bike or trike model.
- Wheel size (front or rear depending on application).
- Tire type and size (can be found on the sidewall of the tire).
- Number of drivetrain speeds on your rear cassette, if applicable.
- Handlebar configuration (over or under seat steering)
- Type of shifters (bar end or twist)
- Brake levers (locking or non-locking, disc or hydraulic)
- Type of bottom bracket (square taper, splined or external and located by your crankset)
- Electric Motor Color: Black
- Wheel/Rim Size: 20"
- Front or Rear Hub Motor: Front
- Kit Voltage: 48V
- Throttle Type: Thumb Throttle
- Display: KT LCD8S U (Color Display)
- E-Brake Type: E-Brake Lever
- Battery - 48V 12.4AH Lithium-ion Dolphin Battery (LG Cell) with an Integrated Controller, Mounting Bracket and Charger
- Electric Motor – 48V 350W (816W Peak Power) Brushless Geared Motor Disc or Pad Brake Type (Front or Rear Freewheel Type)
- Open Sizes - 100mm
- Rim and Spokes Sizes - 20"
- Battery Colors - Black
- Electric Motor Colors - Black
- Controller – 48V 17A
- Clamp Diameters - 22.2mm
- Display – KT LCD8S U with Integrated USB port (EBO/JULET Quick Connectors)
- Throttle – Thumb (EBO/JULET Quick Connectors)
- E-Brake – Two motor disruptor brake levers (EBO/JULET Quick Connectors)
- Wiring - EBO/JULET Quick Connect Anti-Water Lines (Wire Harnesses Lengths: 1220mm front motor to controller, and 720mm components to controller.) Other wire harness lengths are available upon request.
- Pedal Assist System - 1:1PAS with 5 Levels of Assist Modes, 8 Magnet Sensor