KETTWIESEL EVO STEPS: The symbiosis of sportiness and comfort. As a recumbent trike with a Shimano motor and sumptuous suspension, the KETTWIESEL EVO STEPS is a luxury-class delta.
EVO STEPS - E-trike for the discerning cyclist
The EVO STEPS is the luxury model of our KETTWIESEL series. Some may argue that the name “KETTWIESEL” is too whimsical for this classy set of wheels, but what’s named is named. Moreover, it’s long since become the epitome of a sporty, high-end trike. The EVO STEPS is our upgraded version for riders with even higher standards for comfort: The standard model features a Shimano Steps motor and the corresponding Di2 electronic shifting system. And its suspension is out of this world: independent wheel suspension, air shocks, and cornering-stability control like a car. A sporty ride doesn’t have to be uncomfortable.
E-motor from Shimano: power on demand
It’s the rider who decides when the Shimano Steps switches on. Then the powerful mid-motor provides smooth and seamless assist. It gives you more traction on the rear wheels than a front motor, and its 630Wh battery, hidden behind the seat, can be fully charged in a mere four hours. The Di2 Alfine is an 8-speed, electronic, internally geared hub that coordinates perfectly with the motor. It can be operated in either manual or automatic mode. And the rider can switch between these modes with the touch of a button on the display.
The art of unfolding
When parked upright, the EVO looks like a futuristic work of art. Just as impressive is the folded version: all it takes is three quick steps to transform the trike into a masterpiece of compactness with a maximum length of 38 inches (96 cm). Also foldable … and eye-catching: the KLIMAX Foldable Fairing, which is available as an accessory. The patented HASE BIKES fairing waits – compactly folded – in its carrying case for the next rainy day, when it can be mounted and unfolded in a flash. With the corresponding Rain Poncho, it turns the EVO into a weatherproof, all-season trike.
Recumbent trike + recumbent trike = 5-wheel tandem
The delta configuration – one wheel in front and two in the back – offers an exceptionally sporty performance: not only because the turning radius is very small, but also because the low center of gravity guarantees excellent safety and stability – even when cornering at high speeds. The ride is twice as sporty – and will attract twice as many curious stares – when you connect two trikes with the HASE BIKES Tandem Coupling.
Included Parts & Accessories:
- Chain Tensioner
- Front & Rear Fenders
- B&M IQ-X 100 Headlight & Taillight - Runs off battery.
- Two Wheel Drive Differential
- Battery & Charger
- X-seam Range: 36" to 49".
- Rider Weight Limit: 308 lbs
- Hostel Shoppe also offers short cranksarms to better fit shorter riders.
- To find how to measure x-seam, go to our Help Guides.
- Modifications may be needed for shorter or taller riders.
- If you are near either end of the stated X-seam range, please contact us about fitting.
Recumbent Tricycle Name: Kettwiesel Evo
- Electric Assist: Shimano Steps 6100
- Parking Brake: Locking Brake Lever
- Rear Suspension: Hase Bikes Air 16 Shock
- Front Suspension: Spinner 300
- Folding: Yes
- Weight Limit: 308 lbs
- Manufacturer’s X-seam Range: 36 - 49"
- Total Weight: 71.5 lbs
- Seat Height: 19"
- Overall Length: 69" - 87"
- Overall Width: 35.5"
- Overall Height: 32"
- Folded Length: 38"
- Folded Width: 35.5"
- Folded Height: 19"
- BB Height: 20.5"
- Seat Angle: Adjustable
- Seat Type & Size: Seat with 3D seat cover
- Wheelbase: 52" - 70"
- Pedals: Platform
- Gear Range:
- Brakes: Front - Avid BB7 160mm Mechanical Disc, Rear - Tektro Auriga Twin Hydraulic
- Brake Levers: Front - Avid, Rear Tektro Hydraulic Dual Pull
- Rear Derailleur: N/A
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Shift Levers: Shimano Di2 Electronic Push Button
- Crankset: Shimano Steps 44t 170mm crankarms
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano Steps Splined
- Cassette / Cog: Shimano Alfine SG-S7051-8 (8-Speed Internal)
- Front Hub: Novatec Quick Release
- Rear Hub: Hase Disc QuickStick
- Front Tire: Schwalbe Marathon 20 x 1.75" (47 - 406)
- Rear Tire: Schwalbe Marathon 20 x 1.75" (47 - 406)
- Tube Type: Presta (standard)
- Chain: KMC X9
- Headset: Hase Integrated
- Steering: Indirect
- Class: 1 Electric Trike
- Last Update: 9/9/2021