Salsa Cycles Mukluk Carbon XT 26 Carbon Purple Fat Bike
Mukluk Carbon XT comes with the float of a 26” fat tire bike, the weight savings and efficiency of a carbon frame and fork, and adventure-ready mounts for all your ride necessities and accessories. The Alternator 2.0 dropouts let you tune Mukluk’s ride to your liking, and the custom-studdable tires are perfect for dialing in your winter traction needs. With the performance of Shimano’s XT 12-speed drivetrain on board, this is a fat tire bike that can go to the distance.
- HIGH-MODULUS CARBON FIBER FRAME: This material offers the best blend of stiffness, vibration damping, durability, and weight savings
- MUKLUK GEOMETRY: Mukluk’s geometry works extremely well in all conditions and use cases, whether it's riding groomed singletrack at your local trail, exploring a coastline, or embarking across the wild frozen expanses of Alaska. We use the shortest chainstays possible with a headtube angle and fork offset that place the rider’s center of gravity farther back. This combination of front and rear center is key to getting a fat bike that is stable, steers well in loose conditions, and still feels nimble despite the massive wheels and tires. A low bottom bracket also keeps the rider’s center of gravity low and makes dabbing, dismounting, and remounting easier
- 26 x 4.6" WHEEL & TIRE SIZE: Mukluk rolls on 26 x 4.6" tires on 80 mm rims. This huge tire delivers massive traction, stability, and optimum floatation on soft surfaces such as ungroomed snow or loose sand
- KINGPIN DELUXE FORK: Featuring full-carbon construction, the Kingpin Deluxe Fork is lightweight and durable, with an amazing array of accessory mounts to help you make the most of your Mukluk: Two sets of Three-Pack mounts on each fork leg for water bottles or Anything Cages / Lowrider rack mounts work with our Down Under front rack for a traditional touring setup / Internal dynamo hub wire routing keeps the front end looking clean
- ALTERNATOR DROPOUTS v2.0: Mukluk Carbon is spec'd with a two-position fixed plate. The first of the two openings allows room for a 4.7" tire on a 70 mm rim and keeps chainstay length to 432 mm. The second position sets the wheel farther back, giving you options for larger rim and tire combinations. Adjustable dropout plates are available separately for single speed setups or finer adjustments
- FRONT WHEEL & TIRE OPTIONS: The fork included with this frame works with the following wheel and tire combinations: 26 x 3.8–5.0” on up to a 100mm rim / 27.5 x 3.0–4.0” on an 80mm rim / 29 x 2.3–3.0” on a 50mm rim
- REAR WHEEL & TIRE OPTIONS: The Mukluk frame is designed for use with the following wheel and tire combinations: 26 x 3.8–4.8" on up to a 100 mm rim / 27.5 x 3.0–4.0" on an 80 mm rim / 29 x 2.25–3.0" on a 50 mm rim
- OPTIMAL 1x OR 2x DRIVETRAIN DESIGN WITH NARROW Q-FACTOR CRANKS: The Mukluk frame is 1x and 2x-compatible and designed for premium drivetrain performance while maintaining narrow fat bike crank arms for less knee stress: 197 mm symmetrical rear end for modern rim and tire fit / 100 mm threaded bottom bracket / Rider-friendly narrow Q-factor cranks / Designed for 1x or 2x drivetrains / Up to a 32t max chainring for 1x setups; 36/24t max for 2x setups
- FULL-LENGTH INTERNAL HOUSING CABLE ROUTING: Full-length housing improves shifting performance in poor conditions and increases use time between maintenance intervals
- STEALTH DROPPER POST ROUTING: Compatible with 30.9 mm dropper posts for true trail bike riding experiences
- REAR RACK COMPATIBLE: Designed for use with the Salsa Alternator 190 rear rack; Salsa Rack-Lock seatpost collar required
- MULTIPLE ACCESSORY FRAME MOUNTS: Mukluk Carbon features numerous accessory mounts: Top tube mounts for use with Salsa EXP Series Direct Mount Top Tube Bag / 2 water bottle mounts inside frame triangle / 1 accessory mount on under-side of down tube
- ON-BIKE STORAGE: Carry more on your bike and less on your body. Frames and forks feature mounts for extra bottles, camping gear, and ride accessories
Visit Salsa Cycles for complete specifications.