T-Cycle Configurable Battery Mount
Electric drives on bikes and trikes are great for transportation and for enabling anyone to get out and ride, but until now, most people have had to hodgepodge together a way to carry the battery. Batteries are big, dense and valuable, and you don't want to just stick them anywhere. A rear rack sometimes works, but then the wires have to be extended, the weight is up high, and you can't use the rack for anything else.
Introducing TerraCycle's new and improved Battery Mount! An even better way to attach your valuable, heavy battery: centered, low down, and out of the way. You'll hardly know it's there! Height and angle can be adjusted to fit just about any bike or trike on the market. CNC machined mounting clamps precision made for all the most common frame sizes. This battery mount is the super sturdy, elegant battery solution that the recumbent world has been waiting for.
Works on left, right and even both sides if you want to run two batteries. Right side configurations usually require the optional extender to clear the chain. Right side configurations also work better for folding trikes.
- The frame clamps require a 5/8 inch (16mm) area of straight, round, obstacle free main tube. Cables passing by is OK, but it's important there is nothing welded onto the frame right where the clamps might need to go. If you have any questions, you can email us a photo of your frame and we can determine what locations would work.
- The optional Side Extender Block moves the vertical plate and battery shelf out 2.5 inches (6.35cm). Smaller amounts of sideways positioning can be done with custom bushings.
- For unusual situations, we have a dual battery mounting plate that attaches under the main tube. Contact us for details.
- Mounts are machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and black anodized. Frame clamps are 5/8 inch (16mm) wide. The frame clamping bolts are m6 stainless steel, so they are able to support batteries up to about 15 lbs (6.8Kg). Battery mounting holes are m5x0.8, threaded through 0.25 inches (6.35mm) mounting plate.
- The battery Shelf is 5in x 2.5in (13cm x 7cm) and has 14 m5x0.8 threaded holes for attaching batteries or battery adapter plates. The holes are in 2 rows, one with bottle boss spacing and the other with the spacings used by common batteries. A larger Adapter Shelf is available.
- You can also attach a Shimano Steps Monorail and the Shimano Steps E8016 Controller directly to the plate.
- Recommended maximum battery weight is 15 lbs (6.8Kg). These mounts are very stout and can probably handle more, but due to the wide range of conditions out there, we rate them for 15lbs, which is actually a lot of battery.
Clamp size options:
- 1.25" - Fits the Hase Kettwiesel & Sun Seeker X3-AX
- 1.375" - Fits Cycle Genius
- 1.625" - Fits the Sun Seeker EZ-Sport
- 1.75" - Fits most TerraTrikes, Greenspeed Aero, Edge Trikes and TW Bents steel frames
- 2" - Fits most Catrikes (The Side Extender Block listed below is also needed for a Catrike), Ti-Trikes, Trident Trikes & Actionbent steel frames
- 50mm - Fits some Greenspeeds with round tubing
- 60mm - Fits Azubs, HP Velotechnik Gekko, Greenspeed Magnum w/round tubing, Actionbent aluminum frames, and Performer JC70
- GT20 Square & Greenspeed Anura Square
- Magnum Square
- Rover Square
- Optional Side Extender Block available to move the battery mount out on either the right or left side for better clearance.
- All Hostel Shoppe TerraCycle battery mounts are ordered to work with BionX batteries.