Electric drives on bikes and trikes are great for transportation and for enabling anyone to get out and ride, but until now, most people have had to hodgepodge together a way to carry the battery. Batteries are big, dense and valuable, and you don't want to just stick them anywhere. A rear rack sometimes works, but then the wires have to be extended, the weight is up high, and you can't use the rack for anything else.
Introducing TerraCycle's new and improved Battery Mount! An even better way to attach your valuable, heavy battery: centered, low down, and out of the way. You'll hardly know it's there! Height and angle can be adjusted to fit just about any bike or trike on the market. CNC machined mounting clamps precision made for all the most common frame sizes. This battery mount is the super sturdy, elegant battery solution that the recumbent world has been waiting for.
Works on left, right and even both sides if you want to run two batteries. Right side configurations usually require the optional extender to clear the chain. Right side configurations also work better for folding trikes.
Clamp size options
- 1.75" clamp fits most TerraTrikes
- 2" clamp fits most Catrikes
- 50mm clamp fits some Greenspeeds with round tubing
- 60mm clamp fits Azub T-Tris and HP Velotechnik Gekko
- Optional Side Extender Block available to move the battery mount out on either the right or left side for better clearance.
- All Hostel Shoppe TerraCycle battery mounts are ordered to work with BionX batteries.